Thomas Franks are a young, independent and vibrant Contract Catering Company, with a reputation for excellence. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional standards, a total fresh food policy and service delivered with individuality, passion and style. Our Chefs are the heart and soul of our kitchens!
We currently have an excellent opportunity for a creative and exceptional Chef to work in a highly prestigious School in Ludlow. An enthusiasm for fresh seasonal ingredients is essential.
The role will be to support the Chef Manager to ensure all food service and health & safety objectives are achieved successfully. The successful candidate would need to have excellent standards in all aspects of fresh food preparation, have supervisory experience, be pro-active, a team player, good communicator and be efficient and flexible and reliable. As well as passion, confidence and culinary flair, you'll have experience of leading the kitchen brigade in the absence of the Chef Manager.
Therefore, the successful applicant must be able to demonstrate: -
- A genuine passion for food with the finest fresh ingredients to ensure the highest standards of food and presentation is met at all times.
- The ability to support the Chef Manager and taking control of ordering, due diligence systems and kitchen management.
- Ability to run a kitchen in the absence of the Chef Manager
- To adhere to set standards and HACCAP, Health & Safety etc at all times.
- To assist in the design and production of menus.
- Make sure that all service requirements are covered through planning of staff, food ordering, mise-en-place, etc.
- Excellent communication skills and be able to respond positively and promptly to requests from customers and clients;
The position is offering a salary of GBP9.09 per hour, Term time including additional staff days and prep days
40 hours per week -5 days week, Tuesday - Saturday with occasional Saturday.
If you have a desire to prove that you are one of the best and if your standards meet with ours, we look forward to hearing from you.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate that they have the Right to Work in the UK to be considered for this role. An enhanced DBS, Identity & reference checks (covering the last five years) will form part of the selection process.
As an organisation using the Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) Disclosure service to assess applicants' suitability for positions of trust, Thomas Franks Ltd complies fully with the DBS Code of Practice and undertakes to treat all applicants for positions fairly. We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and undertake not to discriminate unfairly against any subject of a Disclosure on the basis of conviction or other information revealed. However for any post in a school please be aware that any application is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such any criminal conviction, caution or bind-over must be declared.