PE Global are seeking a Sourcing Specialist to work with our Multinational Engineering client, in their location in Staffordshire.
The position is an initial 14 month contract.
The Role: -
- Managing and developing the sub-cluster / country supplier panel in line with client global sourcing strategy
- Propose & implement cost reduction actions for his/her commodity portfolio
- Negotiate price conditions (price, payment terms, Incoterms, warranty, logistic requirements) with suppliers
- Support decisions (factories & project offices) facing logistic, quality or price issues with the suppliers in his/her portfolio
- Identify and develop new suppliers / materials / technologies in the sub-cluster / country
Collaborate with Engineering & SQA for supplier development
- Continuous supplier market analysis
- Negotiating agreements with suppliers (contractual conditions)
- Providing analysis on market, new products, new comers, legal constraints, etc
- Reporting his/her activity (especially savings) to management.
• Bachelors' degree in business or engineering related subject
• CIPS qualified
Experience and Knowledge
• 3-5 years' experience in sourcing (or purchasing) function
• Strong negotiation skills
• Creative and tenacious
• Ability to read engineering drawings
Nice to haves: -
• Knowledge in mechanical industry/machining
• SAP experience
• International exposure
Interested candidates can send an up-to-date copy of their CV marked for the attention of David.