Independent Assessors | Foster Care | Birmingham
Swiis Foster Care are currently recruiting Independent Assessors to work on a sessional basis undertaking Skills Assessments on prospective foster carers in Birmingham. The Assessors will benefit from £1,800 per completed assessment and comprehensive professional support and training and will be expected to work flexible hours.
As an experienced assessor, you will work within the agreed agency timescales to assess and prepare prospective foster carer applicants. You would also be expected to be available for Supervision with the Registered Manager during the assessment process and will need to attend training with Swiis, as requested.
Independent Assessors Benefits
- £1,800 per completed assessment
- Comprehensive professional support
- On-going training provided for all sessional social workers
Independent Assessors Requirements
- Current HCPC registration
- Prior experience of undertaking social work assessments
- Recognised professional social work qualification
- Knowledge of child care legislation and other relevant legislation/initiatives pertaining to foster care
- Willingness to work on a flexible basis, e.g. evenings and weekends
- Ability to produce high-quality assessments
- Confidence and proficiency in presenting to the agency panel
- Driving license and own transport
- Ability to work in the UK without visa restrictions
- 2 years of post-qualification experience in family placement/fostering
- Strong IT skills
At Swiis, we believe that good and great are two entirely different things. So, we aim for the latter in everything we do. That’s why Swiis Foster Care is a national leading Independent Fostering Agency, regularly rated Ofsted Outstanding for the high-quality service provided to our foster carers and children and young people in our care.
Swiis Foster Care is a continuously expanding company and offers significant development opportunity for the right candidate.
If you believe that you have the professional experience and ambition to work for one of the finest Independent Foster Care Agencies in the UK and have the desire to improve outcomes for looked after children, then please submit an up-to-date CV detailing a full employment history.
Swiis is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults, where applicable Post holders will subject to a satisfactory disclosure from the Disclosure Barring Service or Protecting Vulnerable Groups Scheme in Scotland.
Due to the volume of applicants, if you have not received a response from us within 14 days, please assume that you have not been successful in your application.
Swiis is an equal opportunities employer.