Technical Service Owner - SAP & Database
Company: Innogy Business Services UK Limited
Location: Oak House, Worcester, United Kingdom (GB)
innogy SE is colorful, flexible, full of energy and creative ideas. We are located all across Europe and together with 40.000 colleagues in renewables, grid and retail we create a sustainable energy system for new generations to live in a world worth living in. We are offering existing and potential customers innovative and sustainable products and services which enable them to use energy more efficiently.
We are looking for a new and committed team member.
Looking for a Data Centre role that offers multiple facet responsibility with flexible output based working and occassional travel to our European campus in Essen as well as Poland and other fabulous countries...? Excellent!
Check this out below.
Technical Service Owner
Experienced in SAP and Database - Location Worcester, with travel to Essen (agile working)
The Innogy SE Information Technology department, is looking for a motivated Technical Service Owner to strengthen the Datacenter Services team. Following an IT infrastructure outsourcing project, we are currently building new capabilities, to provide reliable and secure Data Centre Services across Innogy business units and operating countries. As the DC Service Owner, the team works closely with the selected outsourcing partner as well as other relevant stakeholders within the IT ecosystem.
In your role, you will contribute your technical know-how to the monitoring, evaluation and development of enterprise SAP and database services. In addition, you will be able to build up the "specialist interface" between business process owners and external service providers with their well-founded design expertise.
What will you be doing?
- Work closely with Innogy Architects to create blueprints and specifications for DC SAP and database services, as well as detailed concepts for current and future solutions, based on the requirements of business process owners and the company strategy.
- Drive innovation for SAP, SAP HANA & SAP Solution Manager
- Drive innovation in the field of current database solutions
- Identify key issues, risks, limitations or problems that may hinder design and implementation
- Collaborate closely with internal and external stakeholders to assess business objectives and ensure that the implementation of requirements is accurate
- Provide operational assurance by evaluating and analysing problems and requirements, and recommending appropriate solutions
- Oversee the development of standards, to optimise existing SAP and database services and undertake continuous improvement to optimise the architecture for future services
- Oversee the delivery of SAP and database services, to ensure that standards and quality criteria are consistently met
- Provide project consulting and support
What we are looking for:
- Degree in a Computer Science and/or equivalent training or equivalent practical knowledge gained from experience
- Appropriate professional experience in a similar sized organisation
- Strong knowledge of SAP and Oracle, MS SQL and open source databases
- Ability to clearly and concisely deliver concepts, including IT security, scalability, integration and disaster recovery, as well as a strong ability to assess the strengths, weaknesses and risks of design.
- Comprehensive understanding of interfaces to ITSM and similar tools
- Excellent ITIL knowledge, ideally with certification, with desirable experience in SCRUM or other agile processes
- Strong motivation and willingness to travel – there is the potential for several days per montn at the Essen campus
- Conversational knowledge of the German language is desirable but not essential
Why work for us
As well as a salary between £50-£60,000 and impressive benefits package you’ll also get the opportunity to really shape the future of our business. Along the way we’ll give you all the support you need to develop your skill set and achieve your long term ambitions.
Such benefits include a bonus opportunity up to 15%, 25 days annual leave, company pension scheme and private medical insurance cover.
Please apply online by selecting the 'Apply' button and uploading your CV directly. Applications will only be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
innogy SE is an established European energy company. With its three business segments Grid & Infrastructure, Retail and Renewables, it addresses the requirements of a modern, decarbonised, decentralised and digital energy world. The focus of innogy’s activities is on offering existing and potential customers innovative and sustainable products and services which enable them to use energy more efficiently and improve their quality of life. The key markets are Germany, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands and Belgium as well as several countries in Central Eastern and South Eastern Europe, especially the Czech Republic, Hungary and Poland. In renewable power generation, the company is also active in other regions, e.g. Spain and Italy. The subsidiary of RWE AG started operations on 1 April 2016. The innogy brand name is a symbiosis of the terms innovation, energy and technology.
Based on the combined financial statements for 2015, the company achieved a revenue of around €46 billion and an EBITDA of €4.5 billion. The company is expected to employ around 40,000 out of a total of around 60,000 employees of the RWE Group once the restructuring process has been completed.
Agencies: Innogy Business Services operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to .
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.