Strategic Cost Business Partner - Leading Bank - Birmingham
Presenting a rare opportunity for a strategic business partner to secure a key role with broad stakeholder engagement in a leading bank. This is a tactical business partnering role that will require someone with a strong understanding of cost drivers, and a track record of identifying risks and opportunities to ensure cost efficiencies - an understanding and appreciation for cost data is therefore essential. This role has come about due to internal mobility.
- Partnering with key stakeholders and Finance to manage costs for each business area
- Liaising with wider teams to keep abreast of changes in the Target Operating models that are relevant to the UK business and support the implementation/operation of any new cost governance models applicable
- Identifying risks and opportunities, and where they mark up against plan
- Manage and prepare for monthly cost meetings with key divisional stakeholders to ensure cost governance and lead, challenge and escalate risks and opportunities as appropriate
- Continuously identifying sustainable cost efficiencies and strategies for the business
- Supporting the implementation of the cost governance models, working with senior executives to drive these
- Strong understanding of business profit and cost drivers
- Financial Services experience is essential - banking experience is preferred
- Comfortable with large data sets - Accounting qualification is a benefit but certainly not a requirement
- A track record of delivering significant change which improves business efficiency in sustainable ways
- Experience of creating and deploying comprehensive business/operating plans which consistently deliver desired results
- Proven ability of managing various stakeholders
The role also comes with massive opportunities to progress given the high level of exposure to other performance based teams across the business - in both cost and revenue teams. Please apply is you have the relevant experience and I will respond to you ASAP.