Fancy rolling up your sleeves and designing cutting-edge Financial Risk Software?
Do you live and breathe Software Architecture?
Want to play with the latest development kit?
Have superb Java skills?
If you do, then we need to talk, we are looking to hire the 'Best of the Best' talented Technical Architect for our new 'state of the art' purpose built development centre in the heart of Birmingham.
We want you to bring your unique set of skills and experience to a special place where you can reach your true potential. In this position you will have the opportunity to expand and improve your skill sets in many advanced areas, especially within the Financial Services sector.
We are expanding and you will be joining a new team of Java experts supporting a number of exciting development projects for some of the world's largest financial organisations.
To be part of the team we are looking for our Technical Architects to have a solid Java programming background, with experience working on large, complex systems in Java EE or Spring. If you have experience in modularising a large code base and/or porting away from Java EE that would be amazing.
Banking and finance experience is preferred but don't be put off from applying if you don't. We are looking for the best of the best so if you have Technical Architecture skills from another industry do get in touch, passion for development and all things technical is important and we will support you with training on our products.
So, what are we going to ask you to do as a Technical Architect?
- To get stuck in building innovative, outstanding software that meets business requirements and exceeds non-functional expectations.
- Work closely with the Architecture team in London (amazing guys who love their coffee) and Project Managers (real wizards who know how to manage projects) to ensure that the software meets delivery time frames and architectural vision.
- Support QA testers (we have some of the best in the business) throughout the project lifecycle.
This is an exciting time as we look to the future - you could be part of a growing organisation, dedicated to providing expertise to deliver market leading compliance solutions to clients in the Financial Services sector. This is a chance to join a forward thinking, people focused business where your career can flourish.
Can you say you have the following?
- A deep understanding of relevant technical skills, coupled with the desire to be involved with defining technical standards.
- A degree in Computer Science or similar (perhaps even TOGAF / Zachman or similar).
- Worked on medium to large sized Java EE applications before (JBoss, Weblogic, WebSphere) implementing a rich/complex business domain.
- 3+ years' experience in a technical leadership role, preferably above/across team.
- Thorough understanding of software architectural techniques & tools: UML, DDD, model-driven architecture, etc; past & current trends in enterprise architecture: CORBA -> SOA -> microservices, with the depth of understanding necessary to cut through the hype.
- A solid understanding of development best practice, clean code, OOAD, design patterns, etc.
- Good familiarity of data processing and storage tools, their strengths & weaknesses, eg: Apache Spark, Storm, Samza; Hadoop ecosystem: HDFS, Hive, YARN, Zookeeper; relational: Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server; others: Cassandra, Mongo, Riak, Reddis, etc.
- Very strong core Java.
- Experience with TDD, BDD, agile methodologies (Scrum, Lean).
Who knows you might even have these skills and experience?
- Experience migrating a Java EE application away from Java EE to pure Java or Spring.
- Experience integrating numerous systems together along an enterprise roadmap.
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud.
- Tools: Git, Maven, Jenkins, SonarQube, Altassian toolset (JIRA, Bitbucket).
- Keen interest in software development outside professional commitments, e.g. run a blog, open source committer, attend meet ups, conferences, etc.
About Our Company:
For over 28 years Lombard Risk has been providing regulatory reporting and collateral management solutions to the financial services industry. Counting over 30 of the world's top 50 financial institutions among our clients,
We are headquartered in London and have offices in Europe (Frankfurt), New York and Asia Pacific (Hong Kong, Shanghai and Singapore), and representative offices in Atlanta, Cape Town, Sydney and Tokyo.
… And now we are in Birmingham.
It is important to ensure our developers have the most modern workstations and provide a modest budget for all developers to customize their workstations.
The office environment is relaxed, but always buzzing and busy, no ties or fancy suits required so bring your own style. We have breakout areas with free tea and coffee, if you cycle to work then we have secure cycle bays with showers available, get to work early and enjoy a free breakfast on us each day. We have a lovely modern open-plan space designed to support a creative working environment.
Welcome to Lombard Risk!