Head of ICT Service Management
Good afternoon, a Midlands based Public Sector Organisation is looking for a Head of Infrastructure and Service Management to examine, assure and make recommendations to improve current services and solutions with a particular focus on Infrastructure, Backup and Recovery, Disaster Recovery planning, (SQL\Oracle), Security and Data Centres.
The successful candidate will be responsible for running the day to day operational technical service to ensure that robust and reliable services are provided to all Customers and incidents are dealt with in a timely manner. The post will involve the line management of 4 direct reports, infrastructure hosting for a significant number of applications and a Public Services network that connects the key Public Sector partners in the Staffordshire region.
You must have:
- Minimum of 10 years` experience in a similar role
- Experience of Public Sector
- Management of multiple Technical Teams including individual man management (coaching, mentoring, performance improvement)
- In depth knowledge\certification of ITIL
- Excellent Change Management skills (Technical Change Management as well as transformational change)
- Budget Management
- Supplier Management and contractual negotiation\change
- Networks, Telephony and Contact Centres (Cisco, Skype for Business)
- Experience of Cloud Transformation (Azure, AWS, Office 365)
Duration: 3 months maximum (may be open to consultancy work)
Rate: £500 a day
IR35 Status: Please note this assignment sits inside IR35 therefore relevant deductions will be applied
For more information please in the first instance email your CV to Isabel Thornton or Sarah Pugh at or call
Please note should this position not be applicable to you and you are currently looking for a new role, Venn Group recruit across the board within Local Government so send across your updated CV to
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.