Our client has an exciting opportunity for an Events Co-ordinator to join the team based in Birmingham. You will be on a full time permanent basis and receive a competitive salary of £20,500 to £25,500 per annum + Excellent Benefits.
Our client aims to represent all school governors and trustees in England; there are over 300,000 governors/trustees, one of the largest volunteer groups in the UK. They are an independent charity that aims to support and promote good governance in their schools; they do this through lobbying, via a range of contacts with ministers, policy makers and education organisations. They also run national conferences, and a number of regional events.
As their Events Co-ordinator you will oversee, plan and manage all aspects of events, including internal and external events and exhibitions. Some evening and Saturday working will be expected, time off in lieu will be offered.
Responsibilities of their Events Co-ordinator
- Organise and implement all aspects of NGA event planning and management for internal and external high-profile events including event bookings
- Arrange venues, refreshments, travel, accommodation, event equipment, and provide quotations, contracts and confirmations
- Accurately manage income and expenditure budgets relating to all aspects of events ensuring events are kept within budget
- Ensure best value in negotiations with venues on cost and market, sell and manage exhibitions
- Coordinate audio-visual technology for events, including being able to support users such as speakers
- Source external suppliers and develop strong relationships to ensure high standards in delivery of goods and services
- Lead events planning meetings and with support of senior leadership team set dates for the upcoming year and oversee the NGA events calendar
- Ensure all activity complies with NGA and external event policies, procedures & safe systems of work for health & safety
- Ensure event follow ups and provide a detailed analysis post-event and identify areas for enhancement
- Liaise with venue personnel on specific event requirements (eg AV, seating, catering etc)
- Ensure briefing notes are available to all relevant staff and Board members in advance of each event
- Ensure evaluations of the administration of events are carried out, and make appropriate recommendations for future activities
- Working with the PA to the Chief Executive, to coordinate speaker requests for external events
- With the Head of Marketing and Communications, ensure appropriate organisational profile at external high profile events/shows eg strong exhibition presence and NGA speakers
- Support with negotiating agreements with external events partners ensuring NGA has a strong exhibition presence and speakers
- Liaise with external event organisers and subcontractors as appropriate in keeping with event agreement plans
- Maintain the events pages of NGA’s website
- Contribute to the delivery of NGA’s marketing plan and ensure project planning and reporting documentation are kept up to date
Benefits of becoming their Events Co-ordinator
- 6% employer contribution pension.
- Holiday entitlement of 33 days annually. Holiday entitlement increases after 3 years’ service.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as their Events Co-ordinator then please click ‘apply’ now! They’d love to hear from you!