Field service engineer
Commercial Garage Equipment Engineer
MY client has been manufacturing and distributing mobile column lifts and supporting maintenance equipment to our 20,000 customers worldwide for over 45 years.
Due to their continued expansion in the UK, my client is looking to engage a Mobile Column Lift Engineer
The successful candidate will have an excellent opportunity to become an integral and decisive part of this established business which has enjoyed accelerated growth, both UK and worldwide within the heavy duty lifting sector. Ideally you are currently working in the repair and maintenance of mobile column lifts but candidates with a relevant garage equipment background and the right attitude will be considered and have great scope to expand the position.
The role is field-based, reporting to UK office in the West Midlands with national coverage requiring some overnight stays.
Primary activities -
- Service and repair of mobile columns (commercial, public & rail) and ancillary equipment (additional garage equipment experience will be favourably considered)
- Supporting the sales, parts and service functions within the UK to ensure efficient response and customer satisfaction
- Installation and commissioning
- Knowledge and practice of LOLER and PUWER legislations
Primary requirements -
- Demonstrable experience in maintenance and repair of garage equipment, particularly mobile column lifts; ideally multi-vendor
- Excellent proactive customer service and positive communication skills
- Flexible and responsible approach to all aspects of the business and role
- An enquiring mind with the ability to work under own initiative
- Willingness and ability to maintain and drive the continued growth of the UK business by personal excellence and direction
- Observe health and safety policies together with the GEA code of conduct
Salary: £27,000 - £29,000
Bonus £5000 per annum
Monday to Friday with overnight stays where necessary
Benefits: 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, expensed vehicle, laptop, phone and PPE
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.