My client is a newly acquired SME manufacturer based in the picturesque county of Herefordshire. They are looking to take on a Management Accountant who will be responsible for the smooth running and efficiency of the accounts department reporting directly into the Managing Director with a dotted line to the Group FD. You will be responsible for maintaining excellent relations both internally and externally and have overall responsibility for monthly reporting and management accounts.
A mature minded individual, who is willing to be flexible and have a. where necessary, and can deal with a variety of tasks at any given time. They must also be willing to learn and take on new challenges. They must strive to continually improve the department by working closely with the team. The duties below are not exhaustive and will be revised continually to maintain improvement within the accounts office.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- To manage the accounts team and ensure all tasks are completed efficiently, accurately and in a timely manner
- Number one in finance on site
- Management accounts and monthly reporting
- Commercial support to the Managing Director
- Support IT projects and improvements
- Costings and product analysis
- To process and administer weekly and monthly payroll, and respective journals
- To ensure the bank reconciliations are up to date each day/week/month
- To maintain Asset Register and depreciation
- To ensure the cash flow/Budget forecasting is up to date weekly/monthly
- To approve all debts sent to debt collectors, and ensure sufficient bad debt provision accounted for working closely with your accounts assistant
- To oversee and close the periods for the sales, purchase and nominal ledger each month
- To authorise all external and intercompany payments
- To complete, submit and administer payment of the quarterly VAT return
- Fully qualified AAT/ACCA/CIMA (part qualified ACCA/CIMA or QBE will be considered)
- PC literate with advanced Excel skills, including Pivot Tables and Formula
- Excellent communication skills with all level
- A hands-on approach to managing the Finance Department
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76707493