Head of Sales
Head of Sales role with real progression to Sales Director in the short term.
Selling into large Rail, Marine, Defence and Heavy Off-Highway OEM's across a UK and International territory
My client is a well-established but fast growing manufacturer of technical solutions.
They are passionate about finding the right solution for their customers. Their composite offering is manufactured to meet the specific needs with key sectors that include: Rail, Defence, Marine and Heavy Off Road
Their products are designed and manufactured on-site and delivered globally. Their in-house Research and Development team combine innovative British design and advanced technologies.
The Head of Sales role will lead and develop the team of Business Development and Sales Mangers in order to build upon the company's sales success in the UK and around the globe. A strong OEM sales background is required together with an entrepreneurial attitude and the ability to contribute significantly to help the company develop and take full advantage of market opportunities.
As the Head of Sales, you will be customer facing, devising strategies for new market penetration and client development, to assure success while maintaining company profitability, engaging relevant internal stakeholders and actively playing a part in the Leadership Team.
Reporting to the MD, you'll inspire and motivate the sales team to meet their targets and perform to the best of their ability. You'll develop employee's skills and share your knowledge to help them realise their full potential. You will network effectively within the industry, becoming known as a key industry player.
You'll manage relationships with major accounts and ensure that a world-class service is consistently delivered. Additionally, you'll lead negotiations on large annual contracts and prepare sales budgets and targets
The ideal Head of Sales will be from an industrial / Technical Sales background.
Based in the Midlands the Head of Sales position will:
- Be able to demonstrate the development and implementation of sales strategy, and the on-going success this has achieved
- Have demonstrated excellence in new business development, key account management, consultative selling, presentation and leadership skills
- Technical Sales / Business Development Background
- Large OEM sales experience
- Proven track record of both personal sales performance and team sales performance.
- Have excellent networking, communication and influencing skills
- Have strong analysis and decision making skills
- Have strong negotiating skills
- Have an excellent commercial acumen
- Prepare to undertake travel across the UK and Overseas
- Ambitious, goal-oriented, dedicated with a 'can do' and positive attitude to work.
- Highly self-motivated and target-driven.
- Well organised and thorough even under pressure
- Enjoy working within a target-driven team environment
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Independent, self-motivated and be able to work with minimal supervision
£65,000 Base + OTE + Car + benefits
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76715822