Project Engineer - Apex MA
- Here, you will design, develop and shape the future of our Electrical Systems. By helping us find visionary developments in everything from hybrid vehicles and infotainment to advanced electronic systems integration and electrics.
- You will be responsible for the Electrical Engineering (EE) departments cost/weight reduction projects and Total Value Management (TVM), including management of the EE Design Cost Down (DCD) roadmap.
- You'll will be managing either one or two EE sub-CoC's existing route-map delivery to target. Facilitate/run/Organise: Idea Generation events, Commodity workshops and supplier engagement activities to further build a robust route-map to target.
- You will also be responsible for compiling status reports and updating calendar of up-coming events against each of the sub-CoC scorecard.
- You will be working within a small team but will be interacting with the EE Release, Purchase, Cost Engineering, Marketing, Finance & Program Teams on regular basis. In your role you will: Be responsible for the management/delivery of Sub-CoC TVM targets
- Be responsible for Project Management/ creating and updating Business case/represent EESE TVM with matched pair team for funding approvals/seeing through PACN & concern approvals/work with sub-CoC teams to deliver their TVM and weight reduction projects.
- Run working level/status update meetings with the relevant stake holders.
- Compile weekly and monthly status reports.
- Setup and facilitate TVM and weight idea generation events.
- Intermediate to advance knowledge of Electronic and Electrical Principles/concepts.
- Understanding of Business case, data interpretation and decision making
- Self-Motivated team player understanding stakeholder impacts
- Proven ability to influence and drive teams towards achieving the targets
- A record of proactive delivery and commitment to meeting deadlines
- Good verbal and written communication skills required to communicate at all levels
- Data interpretation and presentation capability (Excel, Power Point etc.)
- A confident, approachable personality with a desire to achieve results on time
- Graduate or Post Graduate Degree in Electrical/Electronic
- Experience in wire harness, fuse box and ECUs
- Basic operative knowledge of Automotive Software/CAD and Lean Manufacturing