As a Costings Manager, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the continued growth of Gross Profit for Cottage Delight and its Production Units.
Set amongst the rolling hills of Leek, Staffordshire, Cottage Delight are a multi-award winning purveyor of speciality foods that are guaranteed to put a smile on anyone's face. From Jams and Preserves to Premium Fudge and Crackers, Cottage Delight have a strong brand, a loyal client base and a catalogue of products that represent over 40 years of quality.
Cottage Delight are well known in both the UK, and Worldwide, for their offering of gourmet food to the independent retail trade including garden centres, farm shops, delicatessens and selected department stores.
Historically a family run business, Cottage Delight prides itself on a holistic and joined-up approach to operational delivery, and finance is at the heart of ensuring it runs a smooth and efficient shop floor and back office. You'll be in the heart of this team, providing the link between manufacturing operations and core finance, as well as supporting your wider team.
You will be a strong relationship builder, managing senior stakeholder and operational relationships, as well as whilst managing a team of 3.
Your core responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Costing, checking and monitoring of all products
- Monthly analysis of the Gross Profit
- Day to day management of Costing Clerks including 121s and appraisals
- Manage annual price changes; including subsequent negotiation with suppliers, review of effect on margins and cascading to internal stakeholders
- Calculate and communicate new annual labour rates and overhead contribution rates
- Sales forecasting and budget ownership
An experienced Cost Accountant with a background in the manufacturing sector.
The ideal candidate will be proactive, have the ability to motivate a team; and the people skills to build relationships across the business.
£30,000 - £40,000 + Benefits