Buyer- FMCG/ Food Manufacturing
My client, a FMCG Manufacture, are seeking a Buyer to join their busy team. This is a new role due to exceptional growth and investment within the business.
Reporting to the Production Manager you will be responsible for;
- Liaising with multiple suppliers to deliver finished products, on time, to a high standard
- Assist Production and Sales team in forecasting products, both in the UK and overseas.
- Supporting the sales team with projects oversees, in line with growth plans, including product registration
- Managing traceability of products to assist in Quality procedures
- Maintain key relationships with suppliers
- Administrative work in the monitoring of stock levels and raise purchase orders (PO)
- You will be a driven individual, keen to go the extra mile to assist your team. You will use your initiative, whilst ensuring attention to detail in all activities completed.
- Use of stock management software, ideally an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system
- Strong IT skills, including use of Excel
- Experience in forecasting and placing purchase orders
- Excellent communications skills, to enable strong working relationships with suppliers and key partners
- FMCG experience, confectionary experience is a distinct advantage
- Drive and desire to develop as the business continues to grow
- Organisation and planning
- Excellent communication and service skills
- Workload prioritization
- Attention to detail
This is a full time, permanent role working Monday to Friday.
Hours 8.30am-5.30pm Monday to Friday
Other benefits include, pension, staff discounts on goods, 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays
On offer is genuine career progression and development opportunities, in time you will fully support the Production Manager, with the opportunity to step into the role.
Salary: circa £25K, consideration will be given to exceptional candidates requiring a higher salary, depending on experience.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959255945