Mechanical Systems Engineer
Due to the expansion of business within the Ricardo Driveline & Transmissions Development group we are actively searching for a development engineer to work on Transmission focused projects which can include different levels of integrated Controls and Electronics.
Working as part of a multinational and multi-disciplined team you will be involved in a range of projects, primarily but not exclusively for, the automotive and transport industries where the work is predominantly for the passenger car and commercial vehicle markets. You will be supporting the specification, design, testing, validation and integration of leading edge technologies. You will need to work effectively with other engineering disciplines, specifically, Design, Test Operations, Powertrain and Controls and you should be comfortable in a client facing role.
You are a proven engineer with a track record in Mechanical Development Engineering in the automotive, aerospace, defence, process or similar industries and are now seeking your next move into a challenging industry that will broaden your experience and reward you with opportunities to develop leading technologies and practices for global market needs. Experience in driveline and transmission system development would be advantageous. In order to be successful, you will need to seek innovative solutions while working closely with other teams within tight timescales. You will ideally have some knowledge and understanding of Control Systems and Hydraulics/Pneumatics and their application and integration into projects. You will be a thorough yet pragmatic engineer who applies a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Mechanical Development Engineering to pro-actively ensure integration of all systems into the product from the start. In order to achieve this, you will be familiar with all the major stages in the Product Life Cycle and the associated documents required to manage this. Able to work & communicate well within multi-disciplinary project teams, you will be a self-starter with the determination to deliver to clear objectives.
Your degree qualification will be in a technical subject and you will be expected to be familiar with the following:
- Transmission configurations and functions, ideally including hybrid or mild hybrid concepts.
- Engine configurations and systems
- Testing techniques and processes, including test data management and processing
- Fault investigation ? root cause analysis techniques (e.g. 8D).
- Analysis techniques such as FMEA, FTA, DVP&R, etc.
- A knowledge of Powertrain and Driveline hardware systems
- Automotive and commercial vehicles / systems
- Hardware validation techniques
- Knowledge in at least one of the following additional areas would be advantageous:
- Hydraulic/Pneumatic Systems
- Control Systems
- System engineering practices & tools
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959252859