Strategic Cost Manager, RBWM - 9G8E
Some careers shine brighter than others.
Something new and exciting is happening at HSBC. We are separating our retail bank from our investment bank and creating HSBC UK, with a brand new state-of-the-art head office in Birmingham. The move is a big step, and will take us one step closer to achieving our ambition to be the bank of choice in the UK. However, the move to Birmingham doesn't just represent a new dawn for our business. It's also an exciting opportunity for ambitious professionals who are keen to get involved in a unique challenge and progress their careers. We're looking for individuals who are motivated to grow and shape the UK bank, and who will thrive in a flexible working culture within a dynamic and diverse office environment, making the most of what Birmingham has to offer.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management (RBWM) serves more than 50 million customers worldwide with a complete range of banking and wealth management services to enable them to manage their finances and protect and build their financial futures. It is a global business that brings together management responsibility for Retail Banking, Wealth Management, Insurance and Asset Management with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Strategic Cost Manager.
In this role, you will:
- Partner with key business owners and Finance to manage costs for each business area, ensure control over monthly direct cost spend, identifying where deficiencies occur and work with the business areas to take appropriate remedial action to ensure the annual cost targets are achieved
- Organise, prepare and attend monthly cost meetings with key RBWM stakeholders to ensure proper cost governance and lead, challenge and escalate risks and opportunities as appropriate
- Continuously identify sustainable cost saves for the business
- Support the implementation of the cost governance models, working with senior executives to drive the implementation across channels and brands
- Act as a key business contact for queries on direct costs
- Liaise with the RBWM Teams to keep abreast of changes in the Target Operating models (TOMs) that are relevant to the UK business and support the implementation/operation of any new cost governance models applicable
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Relevant product knowledge including knowledge of Sound understanding of business profit and cost drivers
- Experience working in relevant environment/s; e.g. Experience and understanding of financial/KPI analysis and modelling/development is desirable but not essential
- A track record of delivering significant change which improves business effectiveness in sustainable ways
- Proven experience of motivating others to deliver exceptional performance and long terms results
We are required by the Financial Services (Banking Reform) Act 2013 to create a ring-fenced bank in the UK by 1 January 2019. Entirely new from the ground up, HSBC UK's head office is opening in Birmingham. The location of this role will move to our new state of the art offices at 2 Arena Central during 2018.
For further details and application information please click "Apply" or visit our careers site, searching under reference 00009G8E.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by HSBC Bank Plc.