Laundry Technician (Cleaner) - Aldridge
Job Title: Laundry Technician (Cleaner)
Contract Type: Permanent, full time
Hours: 39 hours per week Mon - Thurs 8am - 4.30pm (30 mins lunch) and Fri 8am - 3.30pm (30mins lunch)
Salary: £14,697 - £15,996
ArjoHuntleigh are a global medical devices company with an excellent opportunity for Laundry Technician (Cleaner) to join our successful team based in Aldridge.
As a Laundry Technician, you will be responsible for the cleaning and decontamination of our rental equipment including medical beds and mattresses when they return to our premises.
Our Rental Operations Department provides customers (NHS, private hospitals and care homes) with the ability to have a flexible solution to rent our specialist medical beds and mattress systems. You will be joining a team of over 200 skilled Rental and Laundry Technicians located throughout the UK and Ireland trained to support rental requirements 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
We are looking for someone who is organised with good communication skills and the initiative to recognise when to escalate matters.
- Decontamination of medical beds and mattresses in accordance with the approved infection control policy and process.
- Maintain daily circulation of all products through the laundry efficiently.
- Maintain laundry through-put records.
- Adherence to all Health and Safety measures.
- Identifies equipment malfunction for repair and suggest areas for improvement in processes.
- Undertake any other reasonable requests as determined by their line manager.
- Methodical, logical and practical approach to tasks.
- Ability to prioritise work and amend priorities.
- Ability to recognise when to escalate matters.
- Experience of updating records methodically and accurately.
- Awareness of Health & Safety principals.
- Knowledge of product decontamination in an industrial laundry preferred but not essential.
- A positive and team orientated approach, whilst being able to work autonomously.
- Good communication skills.
- Proficient written skills.
- Must be able to lift heavy and bulky items for prolonged periods.
Hours of work:
39 hours per week Mon - Thurs 8am - 4.30pm (30 mins lunch) and Fri 8am - 3.30pm (30 mins lunch)
- You must be able to lift bulky mattresses for prolonged periods.
- Due to the nature of this role it is required that you live within reasonable traveling distance to Aldridge