Group Financial Accountant
A unique opportunity has arisen for a qualified accountant to join a fast growing financial services company based in central Birmingham. The company are looking for an accountant who has a vast experience in working with the management accounts who is keen to get involved with more of a technical accounting position. This would be the ideal role for a candidate who is ideally looking to become a Finance Director long term and therefore is keen to get a wide range of experience on their CV- both the management accounts and the technical accounting ability.
About the role:
As part of this role you will be working to ensure the accurate accounting data for the group, you will be responsible for the compliance of the Group entities with all of the reporting and regulatory requirements, help lead the audit and prepare, provide and present financial data to various boards and cost centres. This role will partner with a second Group Financial Accountant.
- Prepare and review monthly group consolidation
- Prepare and review monthly audit files reconciling all balance sheet amounts to support documentation, ensuring that any risks/opportunities are flagged to senior management
- Control and ensure the integrity of all entities by maintaining and reviewing the accounting records to ensure accuracy and completeness of data
- Prepare monthly group management accounts and reports for the Board and Executive committee
- Prepare and review monthly cost centre P&L's actuals versus budget reports and full year forecasting
- Liaise with the auditors ensuring smooth audit process and sign off of audits
- Manage and prepare all statutory financial statements ensuring that all submissions are on time, accurate and compliant
Key experience required:
- CIMA, ACCA, ACA qualified (or equivalent)
- Higher education degree in accounting, finance or a related field
- Excellent organisational, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Solid understanding and accounting knowledge of IFRS
- Ability to work accurately under pressure and meet tight deadlines, whilst maintaining commitment to quality
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this financial accountants role is for you. Apply today or contact me on either or for more information.