Instrument Technician - Kidderminster
An Instrument Technician is required for a leading defence organisation based in the Worcestershire area who manufacture niche, high value products for the Ministry of Defence.
The Instrument Technician will be responsible for the calibration, installation, repair and maintenance of a wide range of instruments.
The Instrument Technician will be responsible for the following:
- Calibrating instrumentation in accordance with a scheduled plan
- Installing, repairing and maintaining new and existing instrumentation
- Maintaining and developing the calibration system
- Providing technical support for manufacturing and departmental works requests on instrumentation
Relevant Experience and Knowledge for the Instrument Technician:
- Instruments, Electronics, Pneumatics and Electrical equipment
- Instrument Design, Installation, Maintenance and Repair
- Use of calibration and test equipment and knowledge of national standards
- Maintenance of a calibration schedule
- A good understanding of health, safety and environment legislation
In addition, the following general attributes are required for the Instrument Technician:
- High standard of accuracy, literacy and numeracy
- Experience of data collection, interpretation and report writing
- Good communication skills
- A formal qualification in an Instrument, Electronic or Electrical discipline
Due to our client's activity and customer base, security clearances will be required. On this basis, applicants will need to be from a suitable nationality and background to be considered.
This is an urgent requirement, so if you are interested in applying for the role of Instrument Technician, please contact Sarah Davies.