Senior Materials Chemist (Polymers) - Midlands
Senior Materials Chemist (Polymers) cGBP40-43k + Bonus +Benefits
An experienced product driven materials polymer chemists you are urgently required to work closely with Business Development and R&D teams to help drive the development of new technology platforms, deliver research & development programs and support the introduction of new prototypes and products to customers.
Working with the materials team as a formulation polymer chemist you will coordinate technical work programs associated with complex innovation projects, liaising with the pilot plant, manufacturing plants and businesses with responsibility for project management and transferring ideas into projects.
As polymer chemist you will have a detailed understanding in a range of technical areas and is expected to apply this knowledge effectively and bring new thinking.
Small team to manage therefore management / team leader skills necessary.
- Plan, manage and execute long term development and technical support activities within R&D.
- To develop and evaluate new products for new and existing applications, to bring them to market speedily and effectively, and to be responsible for the provision of formulations and manage the scaling up of new products.
- To ensure that all assigned work is delivered in a timely manner and all associated requirements, objectives and targets are fully met.
- To maintain a good understanding of potential IP and legislative implications of work carried out by the Formulated Materials Development team, and be able to either lead individual patent applications or manage internal work to challenge competitor's patents.
- Work with the Polymer Development and Technical Service teams, as well as the commercial teams.
- Liaise with plant personnel and provide technical support and assistance as required in order to resolve production and quality issues and in support of new products.
- Liaise with customers, suppliers, trade associations.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- PhD (preferable connected to polymerisation) Chemistry, Polymer Science, Material Science, or a related subject.
- Extensive experience in a R&D environment, preferably in a polymer or composites related field.
- Experience of research related to Polymer Science.
- An understanding of adhesives, coatings and/or polymer modification/testing would be a distinct advantage
- Experience of market driven product development, proven experience of understanding customer needs and a strong technical pedigree to translate ideas into products
They offer an attractive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience as well as associated benefits, including Bonus and Pension Scheme.
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson