Finance Business Partner
Business Partnering across multiple work streams is huge part of this role so you must have significant experience of this in a similar role.
As Business Partner the role will present financial and management information to enable interpretation for decision making to all levels of management whilst challenging all operational activities with a view of proactively driving cost savings and synergies.
- Sits as a key member of the Business Partnering and Integration team, and reports to Senior Business Partner or Business Partner Manager providing support to the Group on all aspects of budgeting, financial performance reporting & forecasting, financial business analysis, VfM, and benchmarking.
- To develop a quality and innovative business partnering service for your business area which provides first class performance information to the business.
- To liaise and engage with business stakeholders to resolve any issues/queries and overcome any potential issues, communicating key conclusions to senior management.
- To challenge business assumptions in forecasting and planning.
- To participate in a programme of cost/business reviews which delivers meaningful, timely and relevant financial business analysis
- To support the annual budgeting exercise for your business area which is aligned to strategic plans and delivers improved bottom line performance.
- To provide regular financial and management information to the business which pays due regard to business units and business streams, and delivers timely, meaningful and accurate forecasting.
- To develop a sweep of Dashboards or other suitable reporting framework which provides insightful management reporting and a 360-degree view of performance (financial and non-financial focus) to meet the needs of budget managers and stakeholders.
- To deliver meaningful financial business analysis which provides insight and is used to improve performance.
- To actively promote efficiency and value for money and ensure that your business area operational and financial efficiencies are captured which include suitable evidence.
- To support your line manager to provide meaningful financial analysis and insight on business and cost performance and make recommendations to key stakeholders to support and influence decision making.
- To ensure that accurate and meaningful financial performance reports can continue to be produced during a transition and current year without being adversely affected, working with colleagues across boundaries as necessary
- To build a strong rapport with your key stakeholders to manage expectations and develop the necessary financial and management information that identifies opportunities for cost savings, synergies and ultimately VFM.
Person Specification including experience
- Part qualified accountant - ACA, ACCA, CIMA
- Excellent IT and excel spreadsheet skills
- Good communicator, both oral and written which is appropriate to the audience
- Ability to distil complex analysis and succinctly present findings.
- Self-starter approach with a 'can-do' attitude and the ability to recognise opportunities and drive forward
- To be responsive in a rapidly changing working environment