Development Engineer - Apex MA
- Work closely with Brakes development teams (Brakes NVH, Brakes performance and Brakes Vehicle test) to understand vehicle provision and preparation needs to support test and development activities.
- Support Attribute development prep of vehicles and test activates. Carry out vehicle testing as required. Liaise with Brake design dept, workshops, instrumentation, prototype build, component and system engineering teams and suppliers to ensure that vehicles are prepared and ready to ship in time to support scheduled test and development commitments.
- Support overseas test teams from their UK base by co-ordinating workshop activities and spare parts provision. Organise procurement and storage of test parts
- Liaise with Brakes logistics team to ensure that the appropriate parts and components are shipped to the appropriate location to support test and development activities
- Good organisational skills
- Degree or HNC Clean Driving licence
- Degree or HNC Engineering
- Good knowledge of automotive components & systems.
- Some knowledge of brake systems. A good ""team player"" Good verbal and written communication skills IT literacy to manage e-mail and internal ordering & fleet management systems. Plus ability to learn IT required to support test instrumentation.
- Be physically fit as some manual handling and lifting will be required
- Ability to work within Health and Safety Risk Assessments making appropriate use of PPE and Lifting and Carrying equipment as appropriate