Peri Occupational Health Technician
Peri Occupational Health Technician
Salary: GBP20,000 to GBP22,000
Midlands / Warwick
We are looking for an Occupational Health Technician to join their peripatetic Team based in the Midlands. This is a full time role where the successful applicant will work 37.5 hours per week.
In this role, the successful candidate will be required to travel to our client sites and provide a professional service carrying out a range of duties as outlined below.
Successful applicants will be an integral part of the team, providing a compassionate, professional clinical service that is instrumental in the quality of care our clients receive.
This role is ideally suited to a career minded, ambitious individual who is looking for that unique opportunity to prove what they can do and then be rewarded for it. You will enjoy working closely alongside your experienced colleagues to deliver and maintain the highest levels of customer satisfaction that the industry has to offer.
The main duties of the role include;
- Undertaking health screening procedures in accordance to strict protocols laid down by the companies healthcare policies and the competencies to which the individual has been trained.
- The screening procedures may include general baseline measurements such as height, weight, blood pressure, urinalysis; health surveillance screening such as audiometry, lung function testing; drug and alcohol testing procedures.
- The screening procedures give the nursing and physician staff the biometric information they require to be able to make clinical decisions about patient management; the technician has no role in interpreting results apart from in drug and alcohol testing if trained to do so.
- The technician works to support the OH team in their duties and ensure that all information is accurately gathered and recorded.
Candidates must be able to:
- Undertake those health screening procedures
- Work in a professional manner, respecting the confidentiality of the patient and their information at all time.
- Treat all patients with respect, dignity and privacy
- Ensure all medical information is accurately recorded in the occupational health records and passed to the clinical staff for interpretation and further management of the patient
- Ensure all equipment is serviceable, clean and fit for purpose. This can include ensuring that the equipment is regularly calibrated in lines with the companies Policies. This can also include the regular monitoring and recording of equipment performance indicators e.g. vaccination fridge temperatures
- Work within set protocols and do not deviate. Recognise the limitation of their role and do not go beyond this.
- Ensure that any queries which lie outside the competencies of this role are directed to clinical staff
- Carry out Drug and Alcohol testing, to be fully competent with the full chain of custody procedures especially in respects of facility preparation, paperwork, handling of samples and the way that testing information is managed to that contract i.e. who the results need to go to
- Provide support to the whole OH team in helping the department to run smoothly and effectively, undertaking non-clinical tasks as requested e.g. filing / tidying etc
- Undertake additional tasks as requested and which are within the range of their trained competencies such as health promotion activities, First Aid training etc
- Have a customer service focus including conducting patient encounters
- Be an active member of the OH team and promote a positive working environment
- Sound educational background including a good standard of numeracy and written English.
- Ability to work autonomously with support from their line manager and others within the team
- Demonstrates a self-motivated and proactive approach to work
- Ability to recognise their limits of practise
- IT literate
- Able to prioritise own workload and manage own time, self-motivated and capable of working flexibly and to strict deadlines.
Candidates must be:
- Able to demonstrate a clear understanding of professional accountability in the scope of professional practice.
- Able to understand the requirement for patient confidentiality and respect. Possess confidence, assertiveness, tact, diplomacy and empathy for dealing with clients
- Self-aware and a sense of respect for others Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- A team player who is supportive to the team and promotes a positive working environment
- Able to demonstrate good interpersonal and communication skills, written and oral
There is no recognised professional qualification for this role however suitable backgrounds include:
- Health Care Assistant
- Fitness Instructor
- Military Medic
- Offshore Medic Knowledge and experience of working in occupational health
For more information and or to apply please feel free to call Lydia Robinson on and or email