Senior Social Worker Required - Mental Health
One of the UK's leading Healthcare providers are seeking a Senior Social Worker for their CAMHS Service in Stafford.
The center looks after children and young people with eating disorders, complex mental health conditions and they have a psychiatric intensive care unit (PICU) for those who require specialist treatment .
You will be the professional lead in all adult safeguarding matters both internally for patients and staff, and externally with local authorities and other stakeholders.
Working across the service, you will be required to provide support and advice in respect of the Mental Capacity Act 2005, Mental Health Act 1983/07 and Care Act 2014. With particular emphasis on safeguarding, advocacy, discharge planning and other relevant issues. A key role is in maintaining contact between patients and their families, and in liaising with other agencies.
As the Senior Social Worker / Safeguarding Lead working in their Specialist CAMHS Service, your main duties will be:-
• Ensuring that Safeguarding Procedures and Policies are implemented by all staff and volunteers.
• Providing social work support to the adults within the service and their families
• To be responsible for social work assessments (where appropriate) and the provision of reports to the team and external agencies
• To be fully involved in the multi-disciplinary team, providing advice regarding the Mental Health Act, Mental Capacity Act, other relevant legislation and discharge planning
• Attending and participating in clinical team meetings and reviews, providing verbal feedback and written reports - chairing meetings if required.
• To work with the responsible clinicians providing a lead on issues relating to mental capacity and best interest decisions
• To have an active involvement in the planning, preparation and co-ordination of discharge, including contact with families, significant others and any relevant agencies
Please only apply if you are inline with the below requirements:
• Hold a recognised professional qualification in Social Work
• Be registered with HCPC
• Have detailed knowledge of safeguarding legislation, policies and procedures
• Be skilled in developing positive relationships with external and internal departments, family, carers and other stakeholders
• Be a confident IT user
• Able to work as part of a team
• Able to use regular supervision and training to reflect on practice and develop new skills
• Have proven knowledge of relevant legislation including Mental Health Act 1983/2007 and the Mental Capacity Act 2005 as it relates to social workers
If you are interested in this vacancy please contact me on or email with your up to date CV.
"As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position.
We will reward you with GBP200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month."