Senior Management Accountant and Reporting Specialist
Global business seeks finalist or qualified level Senior Management Accountant to join their UK finance team.
As Senior Management Accountant and Reporting Specialist, you will be responsible for the timely and accurate financial reporting of the UK entity to the European HQ. In addition, your role will act in a business partnering capacity to provide improved monitoring, reporting, financial control and commercial analysis to the business.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate financial reporting for the UK entity
- Business partner to internal and external customers with the objective to provide improved monitoring, reporting and financial control embracing the principles of lean
- Support functional managers on any issues relating to financial results and forecasts
- Provide financial support to managers and design a robust method for functional budgeting and forecasting.
- Report and control commercial margin, forecasting and variance analysis, liaising closely with relevant sales managers
- Responsible for accurate and timely management reporting to European HQ - including responsibility and support for, Full report, Manufacturing report, Customer report, Capital reporting, Balance sheet and Cash flow reporting
- AR and AP query support and appropriate escalation
- Control of monthly journals, accruals and prepayments to ensure accurate Month End reporting
- Accurate Monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Fortnightly cash flow forecasting
- Support Internal controls compliance for finance function
- Provide support and assistance to other team members as required
- Any other ad-hoc work as required.
- CIMA/ACCA finalist or above (Qualified) - candidates who are qualified by experience will also be considered
- Experience of SAP accounting system
- Advanced MS Excel and excellent data analysis skills
- Working knowledge of UK GAAP accounting requirements
- Any working knowledge of US GAAP and/or Sarbanes-Oxley requirements is advantageous but not essential
- Team player who is commercially aware and business focused
- Excellent business partnering and effective communication skills
- Self-motivated with initiative and the ability to effectively manage and prioritise work load
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work to a high standard under pressure and achieve tight deadlines
- Experience of working/liaising with remote teams is beneficial
- Industry experience gained in the automotive, engineering, manufacturing or supply chain and logistics sectors is also advantageous
- Ability to be based initially at another office location in Leamington / Warwick, if required.
What's on offer:
- Opportunity for future progression to a managerial level
- Salary up to £45,000 dependent upon experience
- Bonus scheme
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Midday finish on Fridays
- Study support, if required
- Healthcare, Life Assurance etc.
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist accounting and finance recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/17564