Senior Auditor (Internal Audit, Telford)
Why Choose Us?
Internal Audit is at the very heart of HMRC and we work with every area of the department providing assurance on governance, risk management and controls. We are actively brought in early to help the business design assurance into new products and processes including providing real time advice & support during development of control frameworks. We also undertake compliance audits on key controls. We are recruiting enthusiastic individuals who are keen to improve public services. We need people who bring practicality, pragmatism and customer focus to our audits. You need to be a strong influencer, a good communicator and be able to move easily between team player and audit leader as the situation requires having the ability to manage against resources and budgets.
We are looking for experienced Internal Auditors or Accountants, specialising in IT, to support the delivery of assurance to the CEO/Accounting Officer. This is an opportunity to join one of the most respected Internal Audit functions in Government. Senior Auditors in HMRC work on issues that really matter, from tax settlements to tax free childcare and customs valuation to penalty regimes. The variety and importance of the work is unparalleled in Government. If you are ready for a change and have an appetite for the breadth of work this role offers, we can help you build an exceptional career in internal audit and wider HMRC/Government. You’ll be given relative autonomy to carry out your work and will have opportunity to manage your own portfolio. This role will provide you with work that is challenging, interesting and probably the most varied in government. This is an opportunity that will no doubt stand out on any CV.
- A qualified Internal Auditor or Accountant (CMIIA/CCAB/CIMA or equivalent)
- have CISA (or similar) qualification or, have substantial experience in assurance and data analytics.
- have experience of working in IT or IT auditing.
- a strong analytical thinker who can solve problems and work out what needs to be done and take pride in doing it to completion; supporting this with strong report writing skills, being able to communicate key messages clearly and succinctly to senior leaders
- an independent thinker who can confidently express their views and make decisions
- highly organised, with the ability to work on and manage multiple projects within tight timelines and with minimal supervision
- able to demonstrate resilience and tact in the face of challenging circumstances
- genuinely interested in auditing and be looking to develop your career with us.
As an employer of choice, HMRC offers the following benefits:
- 22 days’ annual leave on entry, increasing to 25 after the first year, in addition to 8-10 public holidays dependent on where you live in the UK. This increases to 30 days after 10 years’ service. This will be complimented by one further paid privilege day.
- Five days of learning and development every year for all employees
- Opportunities to work flexibly that recognise the importance of a good work/life balance, including compressed hours and working from home.
- Joining the Civil Service also opens you up to a whole world of career and development opportunities across government with a range of support to help you meet your full potential.
- The Civil Service offers pension arrangements which are part of the reward package. Membership of the pension scheme offers a range of benefits that will provide financial security both in the time up to retirement and beyond.
Closing Date – 10th October
Interview Date - Week commencing 23rd October
Please do not wait until the closing date to apply as initial interviews will be conducted throughout the process.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Jessica Billows on 0121 236 898 or visit hays.co.uk/jobs/hmrc-gbs