Graduate Technical Engineer
Location: Corby or Nuneaton
RS Components is a trading brand of Electrocomponents plc, the global distributor for engineers. With operations in 32 countries, we offer more than 500,000 products through the internet, catalogues and at trade counters to over one million customers, shipping around 50,000 parcels a day. Electrocomponents is listed on the London Stock Exchange FTSE 250 and in the last financial year had revenues of £2bn.
The Graduate Technical Engineer's purpose is to learn and be able to deploy the technologies that we work with to IOT enable business operations and to support the Innovation teams activities with partners, suppliers and customers. This can be for a 6 or 12 month period and for the right candidate there is potential to extend into full employment within the RS Innovation function.
Your daily activity will be focused on progressing Innovation team related activity that impacts the rest of the business. You will work with maintenance engineers at our warehouses, sales teams in our trade counters, assisting partners building IOT scenarios and customers at our demonstration facilities. You will be prepared to travel to customer sites.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build knowledge on configuring IOT devices and gateways
- Carries out tasks as detailed by the Project Manager.
- Works as part of a team.
- Can report progress of workload as required.
- Can communicate clearly and effectively when required.
- Can complete work to the Quality Standards applicable to the project as directed.
- Can learn new skills, with guidance.
- Demonstrates a professional attitude.
- Contributes to a shared ownership of workload.
- Has a proactive approach to projects and systems.
- Studying for or completed Engineering / technical degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Systems Engineering.
- An understanding of and/or aptitude to learn in the following areas:
Experience using GitHub.
Knowledge of what IoT is and its benefits.
Experience with IBM NodeRed or API's, 'Jason'/restful service programs
Knowledge of MQTT protocol.
Experience with Bluemix.
Understanding of Enterprise Asset management (EAM) applications
Knowledge of IBM Maxmio EAM
How to apply
Please apply online and upload your CV in English and follow any instructions online. If you experience any difficulties or require further details, please contact the Recruitment Team on +44 (0) 207 842 2968.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76736324