Environments Engineer - West Midlands - Perm
This is an opportunity to work with one of the UK's leading financial institutes. They are looking to appoint a self-motivating Environments Engineer who has sound knowledge of the software delivery lifecycle, CI/CD, modern testing methodologies and agile development practices.
- Works with test engineers to define minimum environment requirements and capability for each stage of the testing process. Defines environmental requirements to efficiently support SDLC
- Advocates and embeds a DevOps culture within IT, mentoring and supporting the Environments team in modern Infrastructure as Code practices
- Creates and maintains a core metrics and operational view of environments including usage, defects and capacity
Key Skills and experience:
- Experience of Agile development methodologies
- Windows Server and Linux/UNIX exposure
- Good understanding of the modern SDLC toolset (CI/CD)
- Experience of Oracle Forms and RDBMS
- Experience of supporting Microsoft .NET, IIS & SQLServer
- Experience of automated configuration by code tools such as Chef, Puppet or Ansible (desirable).
- Experience of using/configuring automated infrastructure by code tools such as AWS or Azure (desirable).
- Experience in configuring Windows Server based environments for in-flight project testing
- Exposure to an eclectic mix of Microsoft and Linux based technology stacks
- Experience in Application Support or shows highly tuned investigative & diagnostic skills
- Ability to take ownership of a problem and coordinate across technical teams to resolution
- Experience in IT Service Management methodologies (ITIL or similar)
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, enhance, test, and deploy complicated integration software.
If you feel you have the relevant skills for this position please contact Reece Jones on 0121 272 7680
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76732637