Trainee Tax Advisor
Salary Level: Competitive
Are you bright, ambitious and business minded? Do you want a career that will challenge and reward you? Joining the Personal Tax Centre (PTC) is a great opportunity to build a career within the EY financial services team as you will gain experience & qualifications to help fulfil your aspirations & shape your career.
EY's Personal Tax Centre provides personal taxation services to thousands of financial services clients both in the UK and overseas, dealing with the UK tax affairs of employees, directors, partners, entrepreneurs and owner-managed businesses, including ultra-high net worth and high profile individuals.
Due to continuing expansion we have new opportunities for ambitious individuals to join our Newcastle office as a Trainee Tax Advisor working within the personal tax consultancy team. You will receive extensive training and support from a variety of leading personal tax professionals to assist you in building a successful career within EY's PTC.
Your key responsibilities
- Managing (under supervision) an allocated portfolio of work
- Advising on a variety of personal tax matters including income tax, capital gains tax, inheritance tax and trusts, residency and domicile matters, and the taxation of pensions
- Verbal and written contact with clients;
- Interaction with other EY offices both in the UK and overseas; and
- Contact with HM Revenue and other third parties, including major financial institutions and leading wealth advisory businesses.
Skills and attributes for success
- The ability to work as part of a team;
- The ability to communicate well at all levels;
- Flexibility and adaptability;
- Attention to detail and the ability to complete work to a high professional standard;
- Computer literacy, with the ability to adapt to new systems;
To qualify for the role you must have
- Initiative, professionalism and confidence
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- B grades in GCSE Maths & English
Ideally, you'll also have
- A related degree or qualification
- An understanding of Tax is desirable but not necessary as training and study support will be provided
What we look for
We are looking for ambitious, driven individuals who want a challenging and stimulating career. There will be an opportunity to work within our personal tax consultancy team, which focuses on advising individuals and owner-managed business on all aspects of their tax affairs. Those looking for a strong and varied foundation into personal tax, which provides training & qualifications should apply.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better.Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76725587