Architect Designer Oracle 10g / 11g platforms
Architect Designer (Oracle 10/ 11g platforms) - West Midlands - Initial 3 months
Architect Designer (Oracle 10/ 11g platforms) required to join a utilities industry client based in Kingswinford, West Midlands on an initial 3 month contract.Job Purpose:
To Design systems in alignment with the overall architecture strategy, controlling the design impacts on cost, ensuring quality of solution while driven to deliver change as quickly as possible.Main responsibilities:
You will take on significant responsibility for the technical delivery of mid-scale (up to million £), complex projects involving multiple additions/modifications to the architecture.
You will have supervisory responsibility for other Solution Engineers working on different work streams within the Project or Programme of Work and ensure that the design is coherent across those work streams.Key Skill Requirements: Essential
- Extensive experience of working with key users in a fast paced and changing business environment to design and develop software that meets company standards and business need.
- Considerable experience of the full development lifecycle of complex large scale & multi-user applications, particularly CRM systems
- Considerable experience of application development using at least three of the following tools on Oracle 10g/11g platforms within a commercial environment
- Unix Shell Scripting
- Design Patterns
- Strong educational background, preferably to degree level
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to explain technical details in non-technical terms, to influence senior stakeholders in the solution design, and to facilitate workshops and presentations in a confident manner.
- Experience of discussing and capturing requirements with business analysts and the user community
- Influencing skills both with peers and the user community in a fast paced and changing business environment to design and develop software
- Extensive experience of working with application support functions to ensure a smooth and efficient handover of development work into a live environment
- Monitoring and research of emerging technologies within interest to the department and the ability to identify and demonstrate their value to the department
- Ability to Solve Problems quickly and competently
- Presentation and workshop management skills
- Extensive experience of working alongside system architects and data management functions to provide technical solutions within a mature and complex system architecture
- Experience of supplier liaison where development projects involve 3rd party technologies
- Exposure to a variety of development methodologies
- Experience of the Utilities industry
- Experience of large modular architectures
- Exposure to different development methodologies
- Experience of leadership in a development environment
- Experience of Front-End Graphical User Interface Design
If this role is of interest to you, please apply at the first instance.