Financial Planning and Analysis Manager / Management Accountant
Job Title: Financial Planning and Analysis Manager
Salary: Attractive package, dependent on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Our Client is the UK's market-leader in outsourced waste management and recycling services and the 2017 Shropshire Business Awards Company of the Year. Their ability to optimise practical and efficient solutions on site is a unique service offering that distinguishes them from their competitors. They put people first, whether they're their employees, shareholders, or customers.
They are currently seeking to recruit a Financial Planning and Analysis Manager who will be an integral part of the finance and accounting team and reports to the Group Controller. The FP&A Manager will be responsible for the preparation of internal/external financial reports, Board of Directors materials, monthly financial analysis materials, and to provide ad hoc analysis for the organization. The FP&A Manager will work to enhance performance analysis and develop ever more relevant strategic and business planning.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the monthly, actuals, (forecast) and budget reporting plus commentary for the entire Group
- To develop/lead the FP&A function through a period of change in service expectations, developing the team to enhance their capabilities and their delivery ensuring fit for purpose service which supports and underpins change.
- To work with senior managers to improve financial awareness and budgeting and to identify areas of concern and recommend remedial action
- Provide additional business analysis to the Group to ensure that each business unit/division has the required added value information to enable them to drive towards budget goals and strategy.
- Responsible for continual improvement in the reporting requirements of the Group using technology and automation where possible to ensure time is spent adding value rather than just producing reports.
- Work with the Group Controller to ensure that Financial Controls and financial processes/procedures are in place within the Group.
- Ensure that strong financial controls and reconciliations are performed regularly, diligently reviewed and approved within the role's responsibilities.
- To support senior management in contract negotiations, ensuring financial, commercial and legal risks to the organisation are reduced or limited.
- Write, present and manage business case applications in support of Group projects.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- In depth knowledge of management accounting and business analysis
- Superior analytical skills
- Thorough knowledge of excel and business reporting system
- Strong business partnering and interpersonal skills
- ACCA/ACA or equivalent
- Degree level qualification required within a relevant area
- Demonstrated success in financial modeling and analysis
- Experience with financial planning and analysis functions, including annual budget, capital budgeting, long-term strategic planning and resource allocation processes
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter straight to our client for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Financial Planning and Analysis Manager, ACCA, ACA, Management Accountant, Finance Controller, Accountant, Financial Analyst, Financial Planner, Finance Manager may also be considered for this role.