Vehicle Quality Inspector
Our client is a world leading, automotive manufacturer of prestige and high valued motor vehicles. With an ever-evolving heritage, truly exciting future and two of the world's most iconic brands, our client is revered across the globe continually pushing the boundaries of innovation and redefining the benchmark for excellence, setting the standards others want to follow.
They are currently seeking to recruit a Vehicle Quality Inspector to join their team. The role is offered on an ongoing contract basis with long term, ongoing opportunities for the right candidate.
You will be will be responsible for the audit checks on incoming vehicles, assessing the vehicle to understand the work that will be required and the movement of those vehicles. These vehicles will predominantly be classic customer vehicles however alongside the restoration business the department is also responsible for recreating vintage vehicles and maintaining collections of classic vehicles.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assess all vehicles upon arrival checking cars for any bodywork damage, trim damage & missing/damaged components and identifying whether the vehicle is roadworthy
- Book all cars onto the in-house operating system using handheld equipment such as a PDA
- Must compete all legally required documentation
- Safely park and monitor all vehicles
- Maintain security lists for vehicles
- Maintain records of fuel usage using spread sheets
- Adhere to any admin requests e.g. inspections, mileage etc.
- Dealing with sub contract delivery drivers when required
- Ensure vehicles are parked correctly for workshop loading
- Ensure vehicles are organised for outbound collections
- Monitoring the general awareness of yard safety measures such as speeding, Hi Vis, one-way system, truck unloading and general site maintenance and general Health & Safety awareness
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Must have all-round vehicle knowledge and the hands-on ability to identify faults on a whole vehicle
- You may be currently be undertaking a PDI or Quality/Audit role within an automotive environment.
- Must be capable and qualified to drive
- Successful candidates will be reliable and responsible with at least 5 years driving experience (minimum age 28)
- Candidates must hold a full UK driving licence, have never been banned from driving and must have no more than 6 points on their licence
- Must have their own transport
- Candidates will be capable of ensuring that all documentation meets company and legislative requirements
- Ability to work flexibly as part of a team, to achieve deadlines
- Ability to liaise with a wide variety of stakeholders internally and externally
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- The ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Flexible attitude towards working hours
A flexible attitude in working hours is essential as overtime will be required:
Monday to Thursday7.30am-4pm
Please Note: The pay rates stated above are made up of three elements, Hourly pay rate, Holiday pay and Apex Recruitment's contribution to the payroll administrator's fee .