Intervention Worker - Youth Engagement
IMMEDIATE START AVAILABLE
We are currently seeking a professional individual to join our clients team in South Birmingham as an Intervention Worker (YPP) on a Youth Engagement Initiative.
The successful individual will deliver intensive work focussed pre-employment and appropriate post-employment holistic pastoral support and mentoring support to disadvantaged NEET, inactive and unemployed young people (15-29). Working effectively within and in partnership with other agencies and services to deliver a joined up service to support young people into employment.
You will support a young persons progression using a mix of holistic support, challenge and mentoring techniques, keeping a focus on achieving sustainable employment and/or training/education at all times. At all times working closely with employer engagement/education and training structures and Employment Development Workers elsewhere in the network of YPP providers and in general in order to manage the transition into employment.
This is not a desk bound role, you will be expected to travel within the community visiting individuals and various job centres
Knowledge and Experience required:
Possess a robust knowledge and experience of employability and employer focussed job support
- Able to demonstrate essential employability behaviours and experience in motivating others
- Possess a robust knowledge of employment related and wider social and economic areas issues and barriers that young people face in assessing employment and experience in addressing these effectively
- A sound knowledge of partner agencies that support young people in the local area
- Possess and maintain an understanding of DWP processes and requirements that some young people are likely to be subject to
- Experience in supporting young people on a one-to-one basis. Demonstrable ability to appropriately apply mentoring and coaching techniques within a solution led approach to the worker/participant relationship. Expereince is valued as much accredited qualifications within these roles. However, as a guide we would expect a minimum that Intervention Workers will demonstrate the capacity to operate at a level commensurate with specific Coach / Mentor NVQ Level 3 accreditation and / or Information, Advice and Guidance NVQ Level 4.
Please note this is a fix term contract until Spring 2018 - however there is potential for growth within the Company