Manufacturing Feasibility Engineer
A well established and successful company who specialise in supporting numerous Automotive Clients with new product developments, pre-production cycles, niche vehicle platforms and aftermarket part manufacture are seeking a Manufacturing Feasibility Engineer to join them on a new project for a well-known Client.
The aim of this role is to provide feasibility inputs for BIW assembly, focusing on all types of manufacturing activities. You will determine and evaluate build sequences, from proto-type build development through to that low volume production.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide manufacturing feasibility into the engineering & manufacturing teams ensuring the manufacturing restraints are fully understood.
- Implementation and planning of BIW production lines and associated handling equipment, tooling, including assembly systems.
- Provide support and advice on facility integration for BIW sub assembly content, main assembly and framing stations
- Attend engineering design reviews with suppliers, advising on manufacturing feasibility
- Create detailed build sequences and process operation sheets, including tooling information, component information and quality requirements
- Provide support and advice on facility integration for new models
- Understand process information, facility layouts, Bill of Material (BOM) structures and build sequences
- Work within a quality framework implementing Kaizen (continuous improvement) Six Sigma and 5S initiatives.
- Co-ordinate Change Management activities into the vehicle build
- Support pilot build operations and proto-type manufacture, ensuring product quality is not compromised.
- Support Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA) activity
- Gain a thorough understanding of existing and introduce new technologies where required i.e. to improve quality, reduce cost etc.
- Previous work experience within a similar role
- Automotive engineering/manufacturing background
- Microsoft Excel, Word & Outlook
- Essential level of competency
- An in-depth knowledge of BIW assembly processes & how parts are made
- Ability to plan and design experiments
- Experience of working in team environment in a technical role
- Process writing & mapping experience
- A good understanding of PFMEA
- Poka Yoke/ error proofing knowledge?
- Automotive tier 1 or OEM Experience
- Change management experience
- Attention to detail
- Time management
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to progress chase, manage deadline expectations, report progress & flag areas of concern
- Strong communication skills
- Good numerical and IT skills for reporting
- Ability to be flexible regarding working hours and location
This role is offered on 37 hours per week
This role is offered on a contract basis with a provisional end date of 22nd December 2017
£21-£22ph - with overtime available when required
If this role may be of interest to you, please apply now to find out more!