Gleeson Recruitment Group are currently recruiting for market leading business based in Lichfield who are looking to appoint a new Accounts Assistant on a permanent basis paying up to £24,000 per annum plus benefits. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Accounts Assistant who is looking for a varied role in an established organisation.
Main purpose of the Accounts Assistant role:
- To assist in maintaining sales and purchase ledgers across the business.
- To assist in the processing of bank transactions across the business.
- To assist with Sales Ledger, Purchase Ledger and Credit Control.
- To assist with Management Accounts.
Main responsibilities of the Accounts Assistant:
- Processing both sales and purchase invoices onto our accounting system (Sage)
- Archiving of invoices to maintain proper accounting records
- Liaising with suppliers regarding invoice queries
- Performing supplier statement reconciliations and ensuring suppliers are paid within the company's payment terms
- Ensure authorisation procedures for purchase invoices are followed
- Process purchase order requests from throughout the business
- Place purchase orders for office equipment, stationery and refreshments
- Distributing post received into the finance department to the appropriate individuals
- Processing payments and receipts into company bank accounts
Knowledge, skills & experience preferred for the successful Accounts Assistant:
- Studying AAT / AAT Qualified
- Previous accountancy experience
- Previous general ledger experience
- Experienced with Sage Line 50 Accounts
- Desire to help with preparation of management accounts
- Desire to take on a challenging role
- Ability and willingness to think on your feet with a can-do attitude
- Dedicated and hard-working
- Ability to handle a high volume of work and to manage your time accordingly
If you are looking for a varied Accounts Assistant role with an established, progressive business please apply today!