An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Call Advisor to join us at our Burton head office on a 12 month fixed term contract. The successful candidate will be a key member of the multi-disciplinary Care Bureau team, where you will provide effective, high quality telephone support and non-clinical homecare advice to patients and health professionals.
Healthcare at Home … a little about us...
Our vision is simple, to deliver inspirational healthcare in the home for millions worldwide. Working alongside healthcare providers and pharmaceutical companies we develop innovative solutions that meet patients’ needs to have quality clinical care in their homes. Every member of our team from specialist nurses to drivers has the same patient focus and is dedicated to delivering the best possible care.
After all, don’t we all feel better at home?
What does Call Advisor do at Healthcare at Home?
- You will provide a skilled and effective assessment of patients presenting a variety of needs through telephone consultation, ensuring a polite and professional manner is maintained.
- Use advanced listening and questioning skills to gather and analyze quality information, making accurate decisions whilst adopting an empathetic approach, ensuring patient needs are fulfilled.
- Follow health and safety procedures appropriately should any adverse incidents occur, and escalate emergency issues to the appropriate service where necessary.
- Accurately complete and maintain patient information using software and telephony systems ensuring the delivery of a quality service and the maintenance of quality standards.
What skills, qualifications and qualities do I need to be successful?
As a patient and customer focused individual, you will be confident in communicating with different people and building strong relationships and rapport. You will naturally be able to actively listen, communicate sensitively and put people at ease using your excellent telephone manner.
You will be adaptable to change, flexible, resilient and able to react quickly when required, with the ability to use your initiative and make well-informed decisions. You will be able to make good use of available time and have well-developed planning and organizational skills. Good attention to detail and accuracy is key, and you will be proficient with Microsoft Office and software systems.
An excellent telephone manner is crucial, as is effective social and communication skills gained from experience working with the public in a customer service or call center environment. Experience handling patient calls is desirable.
Why work at Healthcare at home … the benefits
We are an inspiring business that has exciting times ahead and a clear vision to take us forward. We know people are fundamental to our success and we are focused on helping people to develop their careers. We have a strong culture of continual training and development from the moment you start through our induction to ongoing professional development throughout your careers.
We offer a robust and flexible reward packaging including
- £16,981.20 per annum plus shift allowance (Nights and Saturdays at 30%; Sundays and Bank Holidays 60%)
- Rotating 12 hour shifts over 5 out of 7 days - 08:00-20:00 and 20:00-08:00
- 12 month fixed term contract
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Provide Private Healthcare Cover after two years’ service
- Death in Service
- Annual Holiday
- Childcare Vouchers
- Company bonus scheme (where applicable)
Healthcare at Home are an equal opportunities employer
Healthcare at Home reserve the right to close vacancies earlier than the advertised closing date if a sufficient number of applications are received