IT Systems Manager
IT Systems Manager
Based: West Midlands
This company has recently been acquired by a major international business but remains an autonomous and entrepreneurial stand-alone unit.
Their unique Internet of Things IoT product is revolutionising how supply chains operate. They have a growing pipeline of opportunities across multiple industry sectors and wish to hire an ambitious individual to manage the back-end systems development, processes and IT technology that support the product and its deployment. This role will suit an individual who is looking for a step-up in their career towards greater responsibility and autonomy.
They are a focussed, entrepreneurial team with huge growth and commercial opportunities ahead of them.
Own the development, management and support of operational Internet of Things IT systems and supporting infrastructure. Work closely with suppliers to ensure systems support the day to day deployed product operation and own the IT architecture and development roadmap.
- Maintain an accurate view of the systems architecture and own and develop the IT roadmap with support from the leadership team
- Manage the relationships and performance of the third-party suppliers responsible for delivering the main technology areas: Central Application, Network Layer and API’s
- Work with suppliers to deliver systems and software developments required to support the operation
- Oversee the day to day technical/systems operations
- Identify performance exceptions and prioritise for attention/fixes
- Manage systems escalations; working with the suppliers and internal people to prioritise and fix issues
- Suggest, refine or implement processes and procedures to simplify or enhance aspects of manufacture, service or operation of the product
- Manage internal projects such as enhancements to the central system, website refreshes, etc.
Required Skills and Background
- A degree in a Computer Science, technical or numerate subject is preferred
- Possesses a strong interest in business
- Previous experience (academic or career) in managing projects or activities
- Good general IT skills. Some experience of modern programming languages
- Understanding of databases and basic SQL skills
- Web development skills would be beneficial
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills
- Structured and process driven approach to work
- Self-motivated with the maturity to work relatively unsupervised at times
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- PC literate - Excel, Word, process flows
- Driving license preferred