Senior Tax Manager advising accountancy firms
Your new company
A fast-growing independent tax boutique with a particular focus on providing high quality, value added advisory and compliance services to privately owned businesses and their stakeholders who are undoubtedly one of Birmingham's biggest success stories in the last 5 years.
Due to market growth, a permanent Senior Manager is needed in Birmingham.
Your new role
Having already had success in this area, they are looking for someone to focus on building on their portfolio of smaller accountancy practices to provide higher level tax consultancy advice outside of these firms own capabilities. Exciting and technically challenging, delivering a variety of tax advisory projects and building relationships with the local accountancy community.
Example of projects; reorganisations including demergers, EMI scheme advice, EIS, R&D, International matters (TP, structuring, permanent establishment issues etc), tax treatment of expenditure on large capex projects and due diligence.
What you'll need to succeed
Professionally qualified; ACCA, ACA and/or CTA
A good grounding in UK Corporate Tax (and ideally Personal Tax)
Ability to work in a small team where they tackle problems together.
Comfortable being in a market facing role
What you'll get in return
- Paid in line with market rates
- Company car scheme
- Opportunity for qualified staff to invest in the firms newly launched equity scheme
- Equity investment opportunity in M&A client work
- Exposure to a broad spectrum of clients and technical work. You will benefit from working with an extremely talented senior management team, all of whom trained with and spent a number of years in national firms
- Friendly, supportive environment where it's encouraged to openly discuss tax matters and reach a team decision.
- Flexibility around hours and working from home
- No timesheets - the firm works on a fixed fee basis
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.