Finance Business Partner
Marks Sattin are exclusively partnering a FTSE listed business in Birmingham who are looking to hire a Finance Business Partner.
This is a key business partnering role working with operations, responsible for net profit reporting and analysis of reported performance against expectations. My client is looking for someone who is able to work independently from the main finance function and someone who loves to get under the numbers to influence business performance.
Responsibilities as Finance Business Partner:
- Provide guidance on the financial impact of business decisions
- Work with operational heads to deliver accurate and timely forecasts of financial performance, taking account any potential operational risks and opportunities
- Produce accurate and timely reporting for the contract on a monthly basis
- Ensure accurate representation of monthly P&L performance, posting all required ledger entries, reviewing the ledger to understand costs and supporting your transactions with appropriate reconciliations
- Review reported performance against targets, challenge operations to produce and deliver action plans to improve the performance and ensure everyone understands and is able to explain the key drivers of variances
- Build and maintain strong professional relationships across the business to influence financial performance and understand the contract, price and cost drivers and challenge assumptions where necessary.
- Review forecast against Business Plan and previous forecast targets, and ensure key drivers of variances are clearly understood.
- Produce accurate working capital forecasts
- Work with finance, operational and transformation teams to streamline existing processes, designing new reports and processes where necessary
Experience required for the position as Finance Business Partner:
- Newly qualified (ACCA, ACA or CIMA) or up to 3 years PQE
- Diligent, attention to detail, willing to challenge
- Excellent MS Excel skills
- Ability to manage own workload and prioritise effectively to meet tight reporting deadlines.
- Good at communicating at all levels, with finance and non-finance teams.
- Ability to influence decision making process through clear presentation of financials
Package on offer for the position of Finance Business Partner:
- £42,000-£46,000 basic
- Company bonus
- Private medical care
- Regular team building events and socials
- No limitation on career progression