We have a new opportunity for a Nurse Advisor to join our fantastic team. Essentially, we are looking for a strong but sensitive communicator who is also a good listener. We have 2 positions which are fixed term for 12 months.
As a Nurse Advisor, you will be a key member of the multi-disciplinary Care Bureau team, providing effective, high quality telephone support to patients and health professionals, triaging patients as required.
We are committed to providing the highest quality of clinical advice to our patients, 24/7, 365 days a year and we give them piece of mind by always being on the other end of the phone. We deal with a diverse range of conditions, treatments and queries which means the role will keep you on your toes. Are you ready for a new challenge?
healthcare at home … a little about us….
Our vision is simple, to deliver inspirational healthcare in the home for millions worldwide. Working alongside healthcare providers and pharmaceutical companies we develop innovative solutions that meet patients’ needs to have quality clinical care in their homes. Every member of our team from specialist nurses to drivers has the same patient focus and is dedicated to delivering the best possible care.
After all, don’t we all feel better at home?
What does a Nurse Advisor do at healthcare at home?
- You will use professional judgement at all times, and with the support of clinical assessment software, provide skilled and effective telephone consultation of patients, giving accurate advice and health information to them whilst recognising opportunities for providing health education.
- Demonstrate the ability to remain focused on service delivery whilst dealing with an unpredictable, diverse and challenging workload, always liaising effectively between caller and third party in critical situations/areas of concern.
- Maintain an up to date awareness of current policies and work with the management team to contribute to the continuous development and delivery of service.
- Keep immediate and accurate records of service user enquiries and accurately document consultation notes in a timely fashion, to allow for suitable emergency referral and intervention.
- Identify and use information sources to support and underpin clinical decision-making and ask advice from your manager and peers as necessary, but ultimately maintain responsibility for decisions made in relation to clinical calls.
- To use knowledge and competence in computer skills, in order to access "drives", databases, email and approved internet resources and to critically appraise sources of information and their evidence base.
What skills, qualifications and qualities do I need to be successful?
Fundamentally we are looking for confident and decisive clinicians that ideally already have a strong understanding of relevant therapies and are keen to develop their knowledge base even further.
You will be a Registered Nurse that can communicate well whilst putting people at ease. You must be clear and concise making technical details easy to understand.
The role allows you the opportunity to occasionally go out and work with the field nurses, keeping your clinical skills up to date, it is therefore ideal that you have full UK driving licence.
Why work at healthcare at home … the benefits
We are an inspiring business that has exciting times ahead and a clear vision to take us forward. We know people are fundamental to our success and we are focused on helping people to develop their careers. We have a strong culture of continual training and development from the moment you start through our induction to ongoing professional development throughout your careers.
We offer a robust and flexible reward packaging including:
- NMC fees paid for
- Contributory pension scheme
- Provide private healthcare cover after two years’ service
- Death in service
- Annual holiday - 25 days plus 8 days bank holiday
- Childcare vouchers
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Onsite Gym
- Mobile phone and tablet device
- Weekend and evening enhancements
- Online benefits portal
healthcare at home are an equal opportunities employer