CAE Structual Engineer - 34114 - up to £2645 Ltd
Chassis Engineering is responsible for the design and release of a number of key vehicle systems - Suspension Systems Architecture (SSA), Suspension System Tuning (SST), Braking, Steering Wheels and Tyres (SWAT) and Axle Concepts and Chassis System Integration (AC&CSI).
The Suspension System Architecture (SSA) team is responsible for the design, analysis and release of vehicle chassis structural components including suspension links, knuckles, bearings, bushes and frames. This includes developing and implementing system and component strategies, developing detailed designs and delivering Engineering sign-off against customer requirements.
Frames and structures attract significant piece and investment costs, long lead times and have significant contribution to the overall vehicle performance: durability, weight, NVH, dynamics, and safety. Delivery of these components and systems is an essential element in delivering successful and profitable programmes.
High level Design Engineers with CAE FEA analysis capability are required to support our future projects with responsibility for new subframe design and validation from initial concept through all virtual design phases, design for manufacture in collaboration with the supplier, drawing release and into production.
You will play a leading role in the team of frames design engineers and analysts to achieve targets for cost, weight, and functional performance and quality working as a design service provider to the frames delivery team of project managers. In addition to design responsibilities include knowledge capture and support for technique development projects.
Proven ability to use CAE software for FEA of stiffness, modal, strength & durability performance. Experience in mechanical design in context of safety critical structural components.Proven ability of interpretation of CAE stress and durability analysis to iterate and optimise designs.
- Mechanical design background and a passion for structural engineering
- Proven ability to use CAE software for FEA of stiffness, modal, strength & durability performance.
- Proven ability of interpretation of CAE stress and durability analysis to iterate and optimise designs.
- Proven ability to use optimization tools to develop designs against targets.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing processes used in subframe construction and ability to design for manufacturing compatibility (castings, sheet metal, extrusions and fabrications).
- IT Skills - Microsoft software skills - Excel, Powerpoint, etc
Degree-level Engineering qualification or equivalent.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959262839