Configuration Engineer PLM Engineering Coventry £60,000
Configuration Engineer (PLM / Engineering) Coventry £60,000
- Are you a Configuration Analyst / Configuration Engineer / BOM Analyst / BOM Engineer / PLM Analyst / PLM Engineer?
- Do you want to work for one of the UK's Leading Names in Power Generation Engineering and Innovation?
- Do you have strong experience in Configuration Engineering / PLM Engineering / Rules-Based Engineering?
If so, then please see below...
Huxley Engineering and a major Engineering Technology Innovator for the Automotive & Power Generation Industries are looking to recruit a Configuration Engineer on a permanent basis in the Coventry area.
The Configuration Engineer will be responsible for maintaining day-to-day changes in the Bills of Materials (BoM's), whilst supporting the parts release and engineering change processes.
Key Responsibilities for Configuration Engineer Role:
- Liaise internally with the Engineering change planning and design teams, CAD Engineers, purchasing and programme teams, to ensure the agreed design and configuration is reflected accurately within the relevant PLM BOM and other data sources
- Identify changes required to SAP for production builds, picking up instruction from initial part releases and change requests through the Engineering Change process
- Participate in technical and design reviews to ensure that Configuration Management activities are covered in line with the Integrated Project Plan
- Manage the Configuration Change Management process for product designs and monitor engineering changes to assess impact on BOM's
- System administration of Solidworks & maintenance of item master data in SAP, as well as inputting and change control of BOM and Part Number data into the ERP.
- Update existing BoM's with new parts, deletions and quality changes, ensue that a full check of work has been do
- Export BOM's into Microsoft Excel and perform comparison, using formulas such as vlookip and analytical tools such as Pivot Tables
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience Required for Configuration Engineer role:
- Degree in Engineering, Physics or other relevant scientific discipline.
- Competence in database maintenance and demonstrable experience of data analysis to correlate required and actual data inputs
- Highly competent in transposing data and performing comparisons across different database systems
- Experience of BoM control and understanding of change management processes
- Previous skills and experience in a manufacturing engineering environment (Technical awareness / understanding of engineering applications and manufacturing processes)
- Experience using PLM systems eg. Windchill, TeamCentre, Enovia, PTC
- Working knowledge of SAP or similar ERP Systems
This Configuration Engineer role is commutable from Coventry, Birmingham, Leamington Spa, Nuneaton, Rugby, Hinckley, Solihull and Tamworth and for the successful Configuration Engineer; a salary reflective of experience is on offer (Circa £60,000).
To be considered for this Configuration Engineer, please apply via the link below
Sthree UK is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.