CAD Structural Design Engineer - 34113 - up to £2450 Ltd
Chassis Engineering is responsible for the design and release of a number of key vehicle systems - Suspension Systems Architecture (SSA), Suspension System Tuning (SST), Braking, Steering Wheels and Tyres (SWAT) and Axle Concepts and Chassis System Integration (AC&CSI).
The Suspension System Architecture (SSA) team is responsible for the design, analysis and release of vehicle chassis structural components including suspension links, knuckles, bearings, bushes and frames. This includes developing and implementing system and component strategies, developing detailed designs and delivering Engineering sign-off against customer requirements.
Frames and structures attract significant piece and investment costs, long lead times and have significant contribution to the overall vehicle performance: durability, weight, NVH, dynamics, and safety. Delivery of these components and systems is an essential element in delivering successful and profitable programmes.
High level Design Engineers with CAD 3D design & 2D drawing capability are required to support our future projects with responsibility for new sub frame design and validation from initial concept through all virtual design phases, design for manufacture in collaboration with the supplier, drawing release and into production.
You will play a leading role in the team of frames design engineers and analysts to achieve targets for cost, weight, and functional performance and quality working as a design service provider to the frames delivery team of project managers. In addition to design responsibilities include knowledge capture & support for technique development projects.
Proven ability to use CATIA V5 for both solid and surface modelling. Proven ability to produce detailed engineering drawings of complex assembly drawings.Proven ability of interpretation of CAE stress and durability analysis to iterate and optimise designs.
- Mechanical design background and a passion for structural engineering
- Proven ability to use CATIA V5 for both solid and surface modelling.
- Proven ability of interpretation of CAE stress and durability analysis to iterate and optimise designs.
- Proven ability to produce detailed engineering drawings of complex assemblies, including application of appropriate GD&T.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing processes used in subframe construction and ability to design for manufacturing compatibility (castings, sheet metal, extrusions and fabrications).
- IT Skills - Microsoft software skills - Excel, Powerpoint.
- Degree-level Engineering qualification or equivalent.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959262713