Italian OR German Speaking Customer Service Advisor
Italian OR German Speaking Customer Service Advisor
Location: Derby, Derbyshire
Salary: £18k - £24k DOE
Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday - Friday
Employment Status: Full-Time, Permanent
Founded in 1965, Rayburn Tours is a successful tour operator specialising in world-wide educational tours for schools, concert tours for amateur music groups, ski tours for youth groups and sport tours for clubs, schools and universities. Our sister company, Venture Abroad, specialises in activity tours for schools and youth groups such as Scouting and Guiding.
We arrange a comprehensive package for the customer which includes travel, accommodation, full itinerary service, insurance, excursion leaflets, organisation of concert venues and appropriate publicity for all concert tours, maps and 'in-the-field’ study handbooks (linked to the National Curriculum) across a wide range of subjects for educational tours.
Rayburn Tours is a family-run business based in Derby and employs over 90 members of staff.
Our Values & Ethos:
The Company operates within a culture of good family values, integrity and honesty. We value and strive to maintain fair and ethical dealings with our customers and understand and respect the faith they place in our organisation. Their satisfaction is our financial and motivational reward. The business has a clear purpose to expand its influence on more young people. It will achieve this by continual product development, improved customer communication and marketing.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Customer Service Specialist/Travel Advisor to join our Ski & Sports Tours Department as a 'Tour Co-ordinator’. The role is ideally suited to those with exceptional attention to detail due to the bias towards administration and process-driven responsibilities.
After initial training, the successful candidate will be responsible for organising ski and sports tours to a variety of destinations.
The main duties include:
• Liaising with clients via telephone, e-mail or in person to advise them of the best solutions to their tour requirements
• Compiling itineraries
• Booking flights, accommodation, concert venues and excursions
• Liaising with suppliers
• Carrying out occasional visits/presentations to the Party Leader and/or group; these may include face-to-face meetings and parents’ evenings.
• Undertaking destination and accommodation inspections where appropriate
• Assisting in product development if required
• Occasionally accompanying groups on tour
Clients are located throughout the UK and flexibility will be required from the successful candidate as visits may take place during evenings or at weekends.
There are fluctuations to the pattern of tours that we sell and operate and, consequently, there will be peak periods throughout the year when additional hours may need to be worked in order to complete the workload. We also operate an out-of-hours emergency telephone which is covered by staff on a rotational basis during the periods that our groups are on tour. All Tour Co-ordinators take part in the Emergency Phone Rota, however, you are not be expected to have responsibility of this until full training has been completed.
There will be opportunities to travel to the destinations that we offer through inspection visits and familiarisation trips as well as accompanying groups as a courier or observer.
The Company operates a Flexible Working Programme for all full-time staff which enables a choice of one of 4 bands to work per week. The start date is immediate and is therefore dependent upon the successful candidate’s notice period.
Knowledge & Experience:
Essential Skills & Experience
• Fluency in Italian or German
• Excellent organisational skills and exceptional attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Financial and commercial awareness
Beneficial Skills & Experience:
• Knowledge of the travel industry
• An interest in travel
• An interest in skiing and/or sport
• A driving licence
• A bonus scheme based on Company Net Profit
• 24 days holiday per year (increasing with length of service to a maximum of 27 days) in addition to all public holidays
• Contributory pension scheme
• Cycle to Work, Childcare Voucher and Healthcare Cashback schemes
• Flexible Working Programme
How to Apply:
Email a copy of your CV along with a covering letter stating:
• Your current role and salary
• Where you saw this vacancy advertised
• Why you are a suitable candidate for this position
Applications should be addressed to Katie Boyden:
Keywords: German-speaking Customer Service/Travel Advisor, Bilingual Customer Services, German-speaking Customer Services, Travel Consultant, Bilingual Travel Consultant, Bilingual Travel Advisor, German Speaking Travel Advisor, Ski Tours, Ski Trips, Sports Tours, Sports Trips, Customer Service Co-ordinator, Tour Co-ordinator, Sports Tours Co-ordinator, Ski Tours Co-ordinator, Ski & Sports Tours Co-ordinator, languages, Italian, Italian Speaking. Italian-speaking Customer Service/Travel Advisor, Italian-speaking Customer Services, Activity Tours, Activity Trips, Activity Tours Co-ordinator, Activity Travel Advisor
Closing date: 27th October 2017