Logistics Planning Team Manager
JOB PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
To manage both the warehouse and transport planning activities of the Logistics function, supporting the needs of the business now and in the future.
Working as an integral part of the Logistics Planning team, the role is essential to drive the “right first time” ambition of the Logistics function. The Planning Team Manager is responsible for motivation and development of the Logistics Planning Team creating a cross functional and dynamic team.
• Proven track record of managing a team
• Be numerate and literate
• A keen team player who is passionate about both people and work based performance
• People management experience - understands importance of inspiring, valuing, training and developing a team to grow capability and achieve results
• Performance management experience; KPIs, return to work interviews, conducting development/performance reviews
• Can communicate confidently and effectively across all levels within the organisation
• Knowledge of Logistics systems including but not exclusively WMS , Dayforce , SAP , SCI and Metapack.
• Appreciation for the end to end flow of product through the Supply chain from Supplier to Shelf to enable effective guidance to the team in making day to day decisions.
• Knowledge of Halfords Digital offers and route to Customer to allow effective Planning for Multichannel orders.
• Understanding of the purpose and capacities of each logistics site and transport in order to build realistic short term plans.
• Ability to work with and influence both peers and senior managers in the delivery of the daily Logistics Plans.
• At times working Cross functionally with Supply and IT in order to improve the information that drives the plans.
• Able to build relationships with Third Party Providers used by Halfords logistics in order to deliver a joined up plan.
• Production of Management Information for the Senior Logistics Management Team.
Key Skills, Knowledge & Experience
• Substantial operational experience in Retail, FMCG or 3PL logistics
• Highly analytical
• Analyse and interpret statistical information.
• Able to build and interpret detailed data.
• Project management skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively and influence the operational teams.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels.
• A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge
• Able to demonstrate ability to work under pressure.
• Ability to organise and prioritise on a daily basis.
• Able to own and take responsibility for customer issues and deal with effectively.
• Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
• The ability to build relationships with internal and external customers.
• Able to make decisions under pressure
Acts with integrity
Always does what is best for the company
Is widely respected and trusted
Addresses difficult issues
Admits and learns from own mistakes
Responds to issues in a timely manner. Escalates appropriately
Leads with Vision
Supports company change initiatives. Enthuses others about future possibilities
Can see and describe the big picture and translate this into tangible goals
Seeks out new challenges
Displays a sense of urgency. Mobilises people to take action
Is comfortable acting with a minimum of planning
Resilient. Is energised by tough challenges
Focuses on important information without getting bogged down in the detail. Seizes opportunities
Drives continuous improvement changes
Knows the Business
Understands own role and its impact on others
Analyses available data to maximise resources
Upholds the company culture
Understands customer needs. Focuses team on delivering these needs to the required standards
Has broad retail knowledge and perspective
Builds Effective Teams
Rewards team as well as individual success
Always considers the impact of team’s actions on others
Builds teams that set and achieve high goals
Creates a strong feeling of belonging and pride in the team
Encourages team participation by drawing out diverse views
Listens and Communicates
Can accurately restate others opinions even when they disagree
Is comfortable discussing difficult issues. Skilled at asking probing questions
Adapts communication style to the needs of the different audiences
Solicits others’ input into plans and decisions
Seeks and welcomes feedback on own performance
Thinks long term. Anticipates trends and their consequences for their business area
Analyses and assimilates new information quickly
Has a quick and agile mind
Makes sound, timely decisions
Anticipates problems and creates contingency plans.
Accurately assesses strengths and development needs. Consistently demonstrates a flexible leadership style
Spends time with people discussing their development. Builds succession capability
Is equally skilled at stretching strong performers and supporting those in need of development
Tackles performance issues constructively and fairly
Actively pursues own self development