Structual/ Durability Test Engineer - 34105 up to £2540 Ltd
Global Testing Operations (GTO) Department is responsible for the delivery of physical durability testing in support of engineering functions. The department designs, manufactures and operates equipment ranging from single axis rigs through to state of the art full vehicle simulators and advanced robotic systems in laboratories around the world and at Gaydon and Whitley.
GTO forms the foundation of the vehicle durability verification process. The effective operation of these multi million pound facilities is essential to ensure robust data is generated to support vehicle development programmes. The Test Engineer provides technical consultancy and is the initial interface between GTO and our customer groups.
- Provide technical consultation and direction to customer groups regarding physical test activities.
- Governance of DART process to ensure robust and accurate submission of test requests.
- Close interaction with PAV teams to ensure quality delivery against agreed targets.
- Liaison with customers to ensure timely supply of test parts and information in order for tests to run efficiently.
- Coordination of outsource testing activities including service provision, capability review and rig/facility sign off.
- Ensure durability tests are conducted in accordance with test standards.
- Approval of test reports for timely release to customer groups.
Good knowledge of body/chassis components, sub-assemblies and/or vehicle systems.Practical experience of structural / durability testing at component and /or sub system level.
Good knowledge of body/chassis components, sub-assemblies and vehicle systems.
Practical experience of structural / durability testing at component and /or sub system level.
Ability to interpret and implement company test procedures methodically.
Proven expertise in technical report writing.
Degree qualified Mechanical or Automotive Engineering
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959262634