Environments Engineer - West Midlands - Perm
This is an opportunity to work with one of the UK's leading financial institutes. They are looking to appoint a self-motivating Environments Engineer who has sound knowledge of the software delivery lifecycle, CI/CD, modern testing methodologies and agile development practices.
- Works with test engineers to define minimum environment requirements and capability for each stage of the testing process. Defines environmental requirements to efficiently support SDLC
- Advocates and embeds a DevOps culture within IT, mentoring and supporting the Environments team in modern Infrastructure as Code practices
- Creates and maintains a core metrics and operational view of environments including usage, defects and capacity
Key Skills and experience:
- Experience of Agile development methodologies
- Windows Server and Linux/UNIX exposure
- Good understanding of the modern SDLC toolset (CI/CD)
- Experience of Oracle Forms and RDBMS
- Experience of supporting Microsoft .NET, IIS & SQLServer
- Experience of automated configuration by code tools such as Chef, Puppet or Ansible (desirable).
- Experience of using/configuring automated infrastructure by code tools such as AWS or Azure (desirable).
- Experience in configuring Windows Server based environments for in-flight project testing
- Exposure to an eclectic mix of Microsoft and Linux based technology stacks
- Experience in Application Support or shows highly tuned investigative & diagnostic skills
- Ability to take ownership of a problem and coordinate across technical teams to resolution
- Experience in IT Service Management methodologies (ITIL or similar)
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, enhance, test, and deploy complicated integration software.
If you feel you have the relevant skills for this position please contact Reece Jones on *************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959262281