Quality Manager Process Improvement
Leidos Europe, part of Team Leidos, are looking for an experienced Quality Manager to join their team at a large Distribution Centre near Telford.
Team Leidos is honoured to support the UK MOD’s Logistic Commodities & Services Transformation (LCS[T]) programme, a critical effort to enhance and improve the UK’s defence supply chain.
Job Purpose:Responsible to the Leidos Europe Quality Manager, the Process Improvement Quality Manager is responsible for supporting the design and implementation of the quality management system as required by ISO 9001; 2015 standardsThe location for this post will be based in Donnington, although some travel will be involved to other sites.
The post will see you support the quality function within Leidos Europe in all projects, programmes, and contractor and supplied services business areas.
Core Duties And Responsibilities
Quality management and supplier process improvement
- Work to support the implementation of the quality management system as required by the ISO 9001 standards
- Collect and evaluate partner quality data, Identify and manage forward looking metrics for process improvement opportunities and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Work with partners for them to maintain the Customer Corrective Action Reports (CCAR’s) register, conduct trend analysis, create and drive corrective action plans to address process failures.
- Conduct partner audits and provide audit reports, corrective and preventative actions to ISO 9001 standards.
- Regularly communicate with relevant internal stakeholders to identify opportunities for quality and productivity improvement.
- Collect and maintain partner ISO 9001 performance metrics.
- Participate in quality meetings to ensure awareness to process and or design changes.
- Participate in QMS meetings and present purchased part or product quality issues.
- Communicate and instruct partners and suppliers on the use of a corrective action process and quality tools & techniques.
- Participate in the Corrective Action Review Board (CAR)
- Implement and maintain corrective and preventive action programs. Work with stakeholders to determine appropriate corrective actions for non-conformance issues. Track and report all documented deviations, non-conformances, corrective and preventive actions to resolution
- Ensure QA processes and procedures are documented, implemented and followed. Develop procedures, work instructions, flowcharts, forms, templates, checklists, worksheets
- Help facilitate continuous improvement and learning across all functional areas through training and communication of quality initiatives. Assist in the development and delivery of specific Quality training.
- Other duties in supporting the quality function within Services Support as required.
- Process creation and continuous improvement
- Relevant auditing qualification and experience ideally in ISO 9001
- An outgoing, amicable, driven, enthusiastic, conscientious and professional candidate that fits well into the Leidos organisation through personality and the correct level of experience and skill-set
- Thorough knowledge (both theoretical and practical) quality processes
- Proficient in quality analysis tools such as 5D, SPC, PFMEA etc. Strong problem solving skills with ability to teach basic problem solving techniques and facilitate problem solving team events.
- Experience in developing part certification processes and vendor quality measures.
- Strong communication, presentation and team skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative
- Strong data analysis and reporting skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer interface skills
- Able to be critical and accept criticism
- Able to lead and facilitate cross functional teams
- Proficient in use of MS Office software, Excel. Word, PowerPoint
- High skill level and experienced user of MS Access
- Capability to learn new software / manage databases
Additional Skills:Lean Six sigma experience a plus.Must be able to obtain a UK Security Clearance.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76736456