Group Reporting and Tax Manager -Day Rate 6 Month Contract
The Police Mutual Group exists to improve the lives of the Police family, and we offer this to the Military and others who lay their lives on the line and those who support them.
Because we don’t have to answer to shareholders, our members and our employees are always our first priority and that makes for a rewarding place to work. One team, providing positive results through practical solutions; we’re set to make the most of the fantastic foundations we have in place, with a strategy that will create some outstanding opportunities along the way.
We are currently looking for an experienced Group Reporting and Tax Manager to join our Group Finance department based in Lichfield for a period of 6 months. In this role you will be responsible for the management of the reporting cycle including delivery of all statutory reporting and production of financial reporting for the Group, ensuring compliance to all regulatory requirements.
In this role you will…
- Take leadership of the Group Reporting Team
- Preparing reports for the board and therefore someone who can understand the business model
- Liaise and manage the auditor and tax advisor relationship.
- Deliver the Group`s monthly financial reporting, both for internal and external reporting purposes
- Have responsibility for the valuation of subsidiaries within the Group
- Lead on the planning, oversight and execution of the Group Financial Accounting year end process Advise the group on technical accounting issues
- Manage and co-ordinate the preparation of the annual report and accounts for the Group (and subsidiaries)
- Prepare and manage the Group reporting timetables
- Prepare and submit the regulatory returns for the Group
- Prepare and submit the Group tax returns (including corporation tax and VAT)
- Act as the key liaison for the external auditors
What we need from you…
- Strong financial and management accounting experience in the FS sector
- Delivery focussed in an environment characterised by fast pace and constant change.
- Previous experience in the oversight of tax matters in the FS sector
- Have previously held responsibility for preparation and oversight of statutory accounts and tax returns across a complex group structure.
- Excellent stakeholder management
- A Professional Qualified Accountant with substantial post qualification experience gained within a commercial and technical reporting environment
This is a day rate contract role for a period of 6 months. If you feel you have the drive and ability to succeed in this challenging but rewarding role then please apply now!