Assistant Management Accountant
Position - Assistant Management Accountant
Location - Telford
Sector - Financial Services
Salary - £24,000 to £28,000 plus benefits
Client Overview - Assistant Management Accountant
My client is a leading financial services firm specialising within in life and pensions which buys and administers closed books of business from other companies. Currently seeking an Assistant Management Accountant to join their finance team in Telford.
Role Purpose - Assistant Management Accountant
Financial knowledge to assist the Finance Manager and relevant staff both internal and external to the business in all aspects of financial responsibility. To proactively challenge departmental processes in order to improve the financial results and facilitate any required changes/improvements within and across departments. Develop internal and external finance relationships with appropriate stakeholders to meet service agreements. Responsibilities to include co-ordination of resources and tactical thinking offering appropriate financial challenge.
Key Responsibilities - Assistant Management Accountant
- Application of commercial and financial knowledge to deliver results to the Finance Managers and relevant business functions
- Uphold the accuracy, integrity and quality of the assets, liabilities and P&L data being reported
- Ensure departmental deliverable's are produced accurately, timely and of requisite quality through appropriate co-ordination and planning of resources
- Responsible for embedding a culture of financial and commercial challenge within and across the department
- Understand the risk and control framework that operates applying finance knowledge and challenge to ensure tactical risks are identified, measured against standards and escalated appropriately
- Develop effective relationships with key internal and external contacts and be seen as a subject matter expert and support for all other roles within the team
Experience Required - Assistant Management Accountant
- Qualified or in training member of a CCAB body or equivalent qualification
- Experience of working in a finance department (or relevant qualification)
- Experience of working within a regulatory environment
- Experience in implementation of new financial systems and/or processes
- Experience of system interrogation
Please visit the IDEX Consulting Ltd website for further opportunities. If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail within 2 working days of receiving your application. If your application is unsuccessful, the information supplied may still be retained for use in connection with future vacancies. Due to the overwhelming application response we receive through various sources, should you not hear from us within one week then please assume your application has been unsuccessful.